76 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • you got spunk kid.. pirate spunk...
    ewww..

lol

• Hispanic pirate with fruity accent that plays with dolls. Enough said.
    D'oro the explorer. It didn't even rhyme. And seriously? D'oro the explorer? Seriously??

Dora the Explorer is a popular American cartoon featuring a Hispanic little girl.

• @thesporkman said: Dora the Explorer is a popular American cartoon featuring a Hispanic little girl.

Er... yeah, and?

• I have to agree that a second map puzzle in one game is a little too much. The difficulty of the second map did increase, but it is really just like cooking off a recipe books with all the ingredients in place. Wished they could have at least make a puzzle out of the calender, instead of just moving in circles.

In fact, I think this make two map puzzles in Tales successfully made the swamp puzzle from Escape of Monkey Island somewhat more 'fun' in comparison.

• Tofuhead you have a shit sense of humour.. and you are struggling through probably the easiest episode of the series

Just stop playing now

• Sorry, I just thought maybe you didn't get the joke when you were complaining that it didn't rhyme. I agree that that was a pretty lame joke, but then I guess that's why the hand punched Guybrush for saying it. :P

• @thesporkman said: Sorry, I just thought maybe you didn't get the joke when you were complaining that it didn't rhyme. I agree that that was a pretty lame joke, but then I guess that's why the hand punched Guybrush for saying it. :P

Yeah, it was schticky, but it just wasn't schticky and/or obvious enough.

Also, to the troll above I wasn't struggling by any means. I'm pointing out problems with the game and puzzle design. Many puzzles aren't logical at all, especially by old adventure game standards. If you read through Ron Gilbert's recap of programming MI1, you'll notice he took care to make every puzzle make sense, be funny, be memorable and not be repetitive. MI1 will always be one of my favorite games because of this.

Add Comment