User Avatar Image

so how much can episode 1 sell?

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 769 users

my conservative guestimate is 100, 000. All those sam and max fans are still out there, the game is gonna be pretty cheap..and it will send a nice big F U to Lucasarts :)

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Indeed, that figure should be possible. There were about 30-40,000 people who signed the petition to uncancel Sam & Max, I think. Add to that Bone and CSI fans (and the Texas Hold'Em fans of course) who may have become interested in Telltale Games, readers of the Sam & Max comics, and other adventure nerds, and I think 100,000 is not a bad estimate at all... schaweet!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Yeah.. but we have to deduct the pirate percentage... whitch is i think 51%

so we can expect about 49.000 sold... hmm... let's say they sell at $10 each... that would be $490k... each month...

despite me not realising the high costs of wages for the programmers, management, cleaners, maintenance, all around geniuses, graphics designers, wealders, stapelers, spokesperson-s, rent for a small apartment, rent for the intermediate apartment and rent for the offices where telltale works, i'd say... not bad :D

Edit: you sure you got enough servers to accomodate those kinds of numbers at a relatively high speed? (about 200MBps, that's 1600Mbps per user?)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]despite me not realising the high costs of wages for the ... all around geniuses[/quote]

Their paying me too???

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Well quite a few of my friends who lean towards piratey material consider buying S&M Episode 1 a worthy 'investment' if you will. As long as it's not too expensive, they'll buy it for the sake of it being made at all.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I think if people actually obtained illegal copies of the game after 2 sam and max games have been cancelled..that would be disgraceful [>:)]

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Here is a question whitch for the sake of this thread not getting locked and people admitting illegal acts should remain unanswered... so... don't answer it!!

who many games have YOU illegaly copied?

i'm "preety" sire even our fine folks at telltale have illegaly copied ATLEAST one game... and i'm preety sure the police officers that work in the department of piracy have pirated software before... that's why 51% of all software is pirated... (tho the number is decreasing by 1% every year... :D :D )

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

That's a bit off-topic already.

• [quote]That's a bit off-topic already.[/quote]

I like balloons.

But seriously. Is 51% percent even close to accurate? Maybe if you count all the people in poor countries who I think they are owed free entertainment simply because it costs too much where they live. I think Telltale's online activation system is better than that and should thwart a great deal of piracy. Unless you know something I don't. Otherwise, people have no choice but to buy the game or get GameTap if they want to play the Sam & Max episodes. Ka-ching$!$!

• [quote]I like balloons.[/quote]
    I've always liked... rainbows.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]
    I've always liked... rainbows.[/quote]

I like rainbows too. Not drawed rainbows or anything like that, but the real ones, wonders of nature.

That said, we will know the answer to this topic in less than 3 months! We should start a countdown thread soon!

Sam & Max are coming! Everyone hide!!

Add Comment