User Avatar Image

Monkey Island slow Fps

posted by Duran72 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.8K users

Guys i have a Dual core 6600, 4Gb, and 8800GTS OC not the worst PC and after playing some minutes the fps go down from 60fps to 30/40fps (in the same area!) and i'm still i don't understand why! i play at 1680x1050 quality 9... (if i go down it's the same...). I also don't understand why when i change a scene sometime the game start to save the game... and then my fps go very very low!

I tried all change resolution, change quality but it's always the same... any helps?

Thanks

110 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have this problem too! Admitidly, my computer is much less powerful, but it seems strange that the framerate should lower over time. Also, when entering some areas the framerate seems to slow, but it doesn't pick up when returning to previous areas where I had no framerate trouble.

• @Mad Mage said: I have this problem too! Admitidly, my computer is much less powerful, but it seems strange that the framerate should lower over time. Also, when entering some areas the framerate seems to slow, but it doesn't pick up when returning to previous areas where I had no framerate trouble.

Same for me Mad... i tried to resolve to adjust the control panel of my Nvidia card but nothing i think that it's a big problem of the game...

I also contacted Talltales about it and i hope that they will do something very very soon cos i want play the game!

• Well, let me know if they help you. I thought about contacting support, but because my Laptop is probably under the game's minimum requirements, I figured I shouldn't bug them about it.

In a month I'll go home to my desktop which should be able to run the game fine, but of course I don't want to wait that long.

• Same here on a

Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz with
    3.25 GB of usable RAM, and a
    GeForce 8600 GT with 256 MB of RAM running on
    Windows XP SP2.

From the info in this thread, the problem could come from the graphic card (so far a 8800 and a 8600 are problematic). I'll try to update the drivers, and will report after that.

• @pygy said: Same here on a

Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz with
    3.25 GB of usable RAM, and a
    GeForce 8600 GT with 256 MB of RAM running on
    Windows XP SP2.

From the info in this thread, the problem could come from the graphic card (so far a 8800 and a 8600 are problematic). I'll try to update the drivers, and will report after that.

Ok please let me know... at the moment i have the very latest version of Forceware 190.15, please let me know if you will find a solution...

• User Avatar Image
    Bas

I'm having the same problem, with a 8600M GT. Rest of the system is a 3.2GB C2D with 256MB of VRAM. Framerates start out fine, then after four or five minutes they slow down, even at low resolutions/settings.

I updated the drivers, but that didn't do anything to remedy the situation. I hope somebody from telltale can address this soon: it may not be the greatest graphics card but I see no reason why it can't run a game like TOMI at 1440x900 properly when stuff like Fallout 3 runs fine.

• I also have the latest drivers, and yeah the quality/resolution settings don't seem very attached to the problem for me either.

Makes me wonder if it's ram related or something

• a) Check your temperatures prior to playing, and once it starts to slow down. You might be suffering from thermal throttling. This includes CPU and Graphics temperatures.

b) Could you try playing it in, say, 1024x768 or 800x600 (whatever's most comfortable) in a Window? Aspect ratio may play a bigger part from reading some of the earlier threads.

I can't get it up on anything past a 7400 Mobile at the moment, so I can't say for sure, but I'm getting mildly better FPS on that in an 800x600 Window.

• I don't think it's a temperature issue. If I save, quit, and reload, I can get a decent framerate back again (until it slows down a few minutes later again). If my CPU were overheating I would expect the game to continuing being slow after restarting. Also, my computer doesn't seem to have any other performance issues.

I will try it in windowed mode though. First I gotta go to class.

• @Mad Mage said: I don't think it's a temperature issue. If I save, quit, and reload, I can get a decent framerate back again (until it slows down a few minutes later again). If my CPU were overheating I would expect the game to continuing being slow after restarting. Also, my computer doesn't seem to have any other performance issues.

I will try it in windowed mode though. First I gotta go to class.

Same for me... it's not a temperature problem...

I contaceted the Telltales support and they told me that they know about that and they hope to resolve this problem soon...

I hope that it will be soon because i really can't play iin this condition... If someone find a solution please post it here...

Add Comment