User Avatar Image

Maniac Mansion / Day of the Tentacle

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 3.2K users

Alongside Sam & Max Hit the Road, these were my favourite games ever. Its yet another franchise I think LucasArts neglect. Who would like to see Telltale work some episodic magic on the Maniac Mansion series if Sam & Max is successful?

Some 3D art to give you an idea of what it could be like:

http://www.christerb.com/?page_id=21

Tom

176 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Did you know that Dave Grossman (co-designer on DOTT) is the lead designer on Sam & Max? :D

• And he also worked on the Monkey Island games. *hint, hint*

By the way, I love those 3D images. :)

• Hey Tom, check this thread out and in particular;

[quote]
    (Source);

GI: A lot of those LucasArts franchises are still very popular – you spoke about Day of the Tentacle. Is there a chance you’ll be able to wrangle a few more of those away for more episodes? Are you working on that at all?

Connors: It’s definitely on our minds and it’s definitely something we think about. Maybe I can give you more information a while from now. It’s definitely something that makes good sense to everybody. For them it’s the same thing. For them it’s "What’s the business model? What’s the retail model?" It’s not their type of game – it’s not Star Wars, it’s not with the movie, with the lightsaber – an action game. When trying to do the two things at the same time it makes it challenging. They’ve been trying to figure out the right solution, and hopefully Telltale is part of it.[/quote]

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Awesome stuff man! I'd love to see day of the tentacle games.. I just have no faith in LucasArts at this point..

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

How about a Dead Cousin Ted spinoff. Can you see the possibilities?

• [quote]How about a Dead Cousin Ted spinoff. Can you see the possibilities?[/quote]

Grim-Fandango crossover?

• [quote][quote]How about a Dead Cousin Ted spinoff. Can you see the possibilities?[/quote]

Grim-Fandango crossover?[/quote]

Hell no. It'd have to be an action game. :D

• [quote][quote][quote]How about a Dead Cousin Ted spinoff. Can you see the possibilities?[/quote]

Hell no. It'd have to be an action game. :D[/quote]

Glottis vs. Ted vs. Sam in a kart-race spectacular?

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Lavern was always my favourite character. She reminds me of a Thrift store employee. I'm getting all teary eyed now...

• [quote][quote][quote][quote]How about a Dead Cousin Ted spinoff. Can you see the possibilities?[/quote]

Hell no. It'd have to be an action game. :D[/quote]

Glottis vs. Ted vs. Sam in a kart-race spectacular?[/quote]

You'd better believe it. Set to some "phat choons" and littered with explosions, violence, sex, gore, drug abuse and rock'n' roll. Ted would be one of the more useless characters as all he can really do is be propped upon the accelerater. No steering. And Sam would have to keep stopping because Max would have to go to the toilet or stop and see stupid road-side attractions.

Add Comment