User Avatar Image

Paid money, where's the game?

posted by except on - last edited - Viewed by 992 users

I purchased the full collection of Sam & Max, and I got the order confirmation email and all, but where do I go to actually get it? I can't find any links, there aren't any in the email, and there don't seem to be any emails coming after either?

I expected to be able to play after I paid with my credit card...

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's still the preorder period. The first episode will be released on Wednesday, so that's when you'll be able to get it. You'll receive an email notification when each subsequent episode is available so you can come over here and download it.

• How come hundreds of people out there are already playing it? These forums are filled with comments, experiences, hints and so on...

• The game was released on GameTap on October 17. GameTap has a 15-day exclusivity window, so that's the only place the game is available until November 1, when it will be released here.

This is discussed in various places on the site but it's not made clear on the store page. We'll fix that. Sorry for the confusion.

• That's really weird. You'd expect the official site to have it first. I never heard of Gametap.
    Anyway, I guess I'll just wait then. Thanks for the quick response. I'm happy S&M are back. A few more days won't hurt.

• Actually, it's not that odd at all that GameTap has it first. After all, they paid for it... Without GameTap, nobody would be playing at all. It makes sense that they want an exclusivity period.

• Maybe not, but if that info is nowhere on the site, and they could have told the buyer that you could be playing it at GameTap, when you buy it from the official site, it is weird to later hear that another site is offering it.

I mean, how am I supposed to know this?

• @except said: I mean, how am I supposed to know this?

There was a big link to GameTap on the old version of this site (the new version just came about today).

• @except said: Maybe not, but if that info is nowhere on the site, and they could have told the buyer that you could be playing it at GameTap, when you buy it from the official site, it is weird to later hear that another site is offering it.

I mean, how am I supposed to know this?

That's a good question. Why ISN'T it mentioned on the new version of the site?

• Here is the blog where the arrangement was first explained.

Unfortunately the whole GameTap thing isn't very clear on the new site right now, but as Legolas noted, this new version just went up at about 5:00 this morning and then the people who were up all night working on it went home to go to sleep. :D Once they're had some rest, we'll get some clearer messaging up about the game's Nov. 1 availability and the 15-day exclusivity at GameTap.

• Well, I just fell into the information hiatus there then. Just my luck, hehe. Just stumbled upon this site this morning.

That gametap thing seems like an interesting, fun concept though. Might give that a try. After the halloween hangover subsides and I'm out of this british art library where playing sam and max would probably curl up the hair of the already uptight librarian...

Although obviously that would be EXACTLY what max would do.
    Anyone in for a lan party at the Yale center for british art? I'l' bring the marshmellows. We could all sneak in with our laptops, and populate the place, and then play the special halloween networkable edition of Sam & Max; The critical librarian.

Add Comment