User Avatar Image

First Jungle Maze

posted by Zener on - last edited - Viewed by 750 users

At the maze I have the map, done with it as initially required (will not say what to make a spoiler). But when I try and follow the paths at each intersection according to the sound on the map- but after the third always end up having to restart the maze.

Anything I missed ?

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • General rule of gaming, save often.

Everytime you enter a correct area, Guybrush will cue you something along the line of "this look promising". If you entered a wrong area, you will hear a stone crumbling noise.

Use that as a guideline. Save everytime you enter a correct new section. That way, it will reduce the amount of frustrations.

• When you're at a section of jungle, start walking on a path (but don't so far that you exit the screen!). Listen to the sounds you hear. If it's not a sound that you like, try take a few steps on another path and listen.

• There aren't so many possibilities to go further on each place in the jungle. I've made also few mistakes and then you know for sure which is the wrong way. At the end you will walk through the jungle without the need to follow the sounds.

• Whichever sound is the loudest as you approach an edge of the screen match it to the corresponding map key direction. As for the wind direction, use the weather vane, and I believe you wait for a strong wind.

• Hmm, I seem to be quite dumb as well. I did exactly what the walkthrough sad and as last step keep ending up at D'Oro. Ill try reloading the game since I didnt hear any hints when I moved either.

Edit: well that didnt work either. Anyone with a save past this, had more than enough :mad:

• seen dont rely on the walkthrough maybe there is a typo

Just do it by trial and error

• I did for the past hour. And ive seen more than enough green for now. Or I ran in a weird bug or I am indeed that dumb guy that cant walk from a well to X with animal sounds

• User Avatar Image
    pad

@Seen said: I did for the past hour. And ive seen more than enough green for now. Or I ran in a weird bug or I am indeed that dumb guy that cant walk from a well to X with animal sounds

Have to ask, are you USING the map on the well first?

If so, are you making sure that there aren't more sounds to follow once you hit D'Oro? I know it does go past him at one point, with more sounds to come.

• @pad said: Have to ask, are you USING the map on the well first?

:eek:

A, that explains why I had the hint sounds in my first try but not the rest.

Damn ><

Thanks!

Add Comment