User Avatar Image

PETITION to Telltale Games to translate Tales of Monkey Island into SPANISH

posted by trape on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users

Before I start, give my congratulations on the great work you are doing specially to Telltale Games that have revived this great saga.

I am a boy of 18 years in Spain, as is my normal level of English is not very high. I have been a good little fan of this saga since Monkey Island 1. I would like you to putt the subtitles in Spanish, althought take many months to make, I will wait, but I would like enjoy 100% of the game and all of his jokes that I thint thar are great, but because of my level of English I don't understand all.

Thank you very much for your attention and I hope that in some month I will see a pack of Tales of Monkey Island in Spanish, which I and a lot of fans that they are in Spain will buy it, so the sales would be secured.

PD:Sorry for my bad english :( and thanks again!

198 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • just curious? now my english is far from perfect, and i learned most of it myself? why do you even like stuff in youre own language? i mean i wouldn touch a games translated to danish with a teen feet pole. it just sucks.

I get all my games / programs / windows in english. translations sucks i thing, the worst is movies, what is the idea of seeing the grinch to take an eksample, when its a danish voice over actor lol ? :)

• Can't TTG just make a latino forum so they can write petitions, hold rallies, curse out fascists and start mini-revolutions there? Would be awesome imo.

• my sister have 6 years old and doesn't know English. She enjoy this saga and laught a lot when play Monkey Island 1,2,3 or 4, so is so difficult to put some subtitles into spanish for enjoy any children who speak Spanish?

• @RMJ1984 said: just curious? now my english is far from perfect, and i learned most of it myself? why do you even like stuff in youre own language? i mean i wouldn touch a games translated to danish with a teen feet pole. it just sucks.

I get all my games / programs / windows in english. translations sucks i thing, the worst is movies, what is the idea of seeing the grinch to take an eksample, when its a danish voice over actor lol ? :)

You got it right with that one. Specially because spanish trlanslations sucks (they tore apart TCoMI), but yet, everyone should have the right to play the game in it's own language.

@RMJ1984 said: Can't TTG just make a latino forum so they can write petitions, hold rallies, curse out fascists and start mini-revolutions there? Would be awesome imo.

Hey, listen genious, why don't you get a nice little encyclopedia and look for Spain on it?... Maybe you'll find out that it's a country of Europe. And what you so pejoratively call "latino" (and I'm now asuming that you are some asshole from the U.S.) it's used to refer to people from Center and South America wich, by the way, do a little more from their lifes than start revolutions; in fact, I'm sure that most of them have more productives lifes than yours.
    If you have read this far (wich I seriously doubt) you also should know that being and ass and being an american does not make you cool, and that for some (most of the) people those kind of comments are quite offensive.

• LucasJ, call down mate. Eventhough onlyamonkey's comments were a bit offensive you shouldn't play his name-calling game or this thread will only turn into a despicable and totally unwanted confrontation. Besides, the word latino actually refers to those people or countries with a shared Latin-based language such as Portugal, Spain, Italy, etc. The term is unfortunately and commonly used to designate Latin American people.

Answer to trape: Telltale Games sólo realiza sus juegos en inglés, si quieres la versión en español tendrás que esperar a que el editor del juego en Europa lo localice. Comprende que TTG es un estudio pequeño y no tiene personal para traducir todos sus juegos.

(TTG only releases their games in English. If you want the Spanish version you will have to wait for the European publisher to localise it. You have to understand that TTG is a small developer studio and does not have a localisation team to translate all their games.)

• I for one want a petition to translate it in esperanto...

Life's hard.... (and so am I, you better give me something, so I don't die...)

• Thanks for the answer in Spanish harlequ1n :D

• @LucasJ said: Hey, listen genious, why don't you get a nice little encyclopedia and look for Spain on it?... Maybe you'll find out that it's a country of Europe.

A+++ irony. So clever.

And what you so pejoratively call "latino" (and I'm now asuming that you are some asshole from the U.S.) it's used to refer to people from Center and South America wich, by the way, do a little more from their lifes than start revolutions; in fact, I'm sure that most of them have more productives lifes than yours.

:( I'm from Sweden. And I think you know what I mean when I said "latinos". According to wikipedia, I'm not that wrong either so you're clearly overreacting in the diapers. Why don't you start a petition lol?

If you have read this far (wich I seriously doubt) you also should know that being and ass and being an american does not make you cool, and that for some (most of the) people those kind of comments are quite offensive.

Well, the people that find it offensive are the people I want to offend so whatever. Get some skin on your nose and stop screaming because your mama spoiled you too much, you big baby.

• Boys boys, this thread is for speaking about a petition to Telltale Games, NOT for talk about policity

• @onlyamonkey said: Can't TTG just make a latino forum so they can write petitions, hold rallies, curse out fascists and start mini-revolutions there? Would be awesome imo.

The guy who created this topic is from SPAIN.

Spain is in Europe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain

I wonder why so many people living in the US automatically think in South America as soon as the read "Spanish" somewhere.

Maybe TTG should make a forum for racist ignorants like you...

This discussion has been closed.