User Avatar Image

Telltale & Futurama?

posted by Scapetti on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

Considering Futurama's comeback, I think it would be a good idea if Telltale went to the guys at Futurama with an idea of bringing the series into an episodic adventure game format. With the inevitable high sales of Monkey Island I reckon it would be the next step for the company! And for some reason I don't think they will say no ;)

What do you guys think?

177 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Scapetti said: Considering Futurama's comeback, I think it would be a good idea if Telltale went to the guys at Futurama with an idea of bringing the series into an episodic adventure game format. With the inevitable high sales of Monkey Island I reckon it would be the next step for the company! And for some reason I don't think they will say no ;)

What do you guys think?

Although it has had a comeback, I still feel the audience would be too small for a game related to it. I could easily be proven wrong, but imho that won't happen.

• Futurama has a small audience?!?! o_O since when?

• @jweir said: Although it has had a comeback, I still feel the audience would be too small for a game related to it. I could easily be proven wrong, but imho that won't happen.

Well, Futurama's undoubtedly got a bigger audience than homestarrunner.com, right? And SBCG4AP was a success.

I think Futurama will fit perfectly to Telltale's style.

• @tredlow said: I think Futurama will fit perfectly to Telltale's style.

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. I thought of this because of Guybrush in the new Tales (please don't hit me for saying so but) I think if anyone had to replace Dominic Armato it would be Billy West. I just think that some of the things Fry says are similar to what Guybrush might say XD I can totally imagine Fry as an adventure game character.

• I think it would be awesome. And I really don't think the audience is as small as you think. It may or may not beat Homestarrunner's in size, but I would definitely think it would be bigger than the Wallace and Grommit audience. Besides, Telltale seems to specialize in cult favorites, which is what Futurama is.

• @Scapetti said: Futurama has a small audience?!?! o_O since when?

You are rigth

• I think a TTG season of Futurama would be absolutely amazing!!! I can think of nothing more fitting for TTG's format of game and gameplay than Futurama!

I'm surprised I didn't think of it before!

The humour, the episodic format, the graphics... this is surely a must!!

• I'm glad you lot agree :P Let's just hope Telltale picks up on it and they are allowed to do it and more importantly, want to do it!

• I love Futurama, but do you remember the last Futurama game. Action adventure is the way to go for Futurama, not point and click. And if Fox wanted to make another Futurama game, they'd probably get the guys that made The Simpsons Game. If not, they probably already have something in the pipeline and would have no shortage of takers. Besides, telltale games has a good relationship with Lucas Arts and I would like to see them stay on that path.

• Not the first time it's been thought of round these here parts:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2670679

:)

Add Comment