User Avatar Image

My Review about the game

posted by megaledeth on - last edited - Viewed by 393 users

I have to say that I am DISAPOINTED with this new saga of Monkey Island, the game that to me, is to be catalogued as the best in history. First of all I dont like the the fact that it is divided in five episodes. At least the Sam and Max version is with different stories every episode. It is cruel having to wait for the following month. I think all of the fans that are playing this game want to finish all the chapters just because they want to know the end and because it is MI.
But the game has lost the pirate spirit that Monkey Island had up to MI 3, or maybe 4 if you want. The graphics dont help with a different Guybrush, and the story is no good. I miss that pirate times with Monkey Island, I certainly DO NOT like this version. Actually the only MI thing in this game is the name of Guybrush Threepwood and the music.
And it is difficult to move the character with that new systrem. I just want to point and click or as if MI3 or with the instructions.

86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @a3HeadedMonkey said: :D I spy a troll...

Considering the fact that this has been posted multiple times, I must agree.

• Anything you like about the game? Seriously how can you tell the story is no good?

And you don't like it because is episodic? just wait 5 month and play it when it's finished...

• Nooo. I don´t like the story, it has lost the spirit of MI

• @larys said: Anything you like about the game? Seriously how can you tell the story is no good?

Because I do not like it. Why should I have to like it? because you say so?

• Maybe you should just take it on it's own, without all the baggage. I thought, if nothing else, the game reeked of pirate spirit. I don't know though, last month I had never heard of MI. It's probably hard for you to seperate the two. I loved it though. Very cinematic, which as huge film fan, I love.

• @cole said: Maybe you should just take it on it's own, without all the baggage. I thought, if nothing else, the game reeked of pirate spirit. I don't know though, last month I had never heard of MI. It's probably hard for you to seperate the two. I loved it though. Very cinematic, which as huge film fan, I love.

Tottaly agree. Megaledeth stop comparing the two and just appreciate the effort that telltales made to make this classic game return.

@cole said: Nooo. I don´t like the story, it has lost the spirit of MI

Firstly we don't really know if the story is good or not, since we play the fist episode. But from what i saw from the first episode the story seems interesting, i am rather curious to see the following episodes.

So spoiler aside tell us why you think the story "lost" the spirit of MI.

• I'd like to adress another complaint the person who originally started this topic had. As a first time PC gamer, I find the episode thing strange. I kind of like it. You know how much fun it is to be waiting for something and to finally get it. I dig that part of it. Someone, somewhere, isn't going to make it to all five episodes. What if I'm wrongly accused of murder and go to jail? What if I'm pitching a baseball with my ten year old and have a heart attack? My last words just might be......son...you must.....finish.....Monkey....Island..(croak). I think I'll get a check up next week.

• @cole said: I'd like to adress another complaint the person who originally started this topic had. As a first time PC gamer, I find the episode thing strange. I kind of like it. You know how much fun it is to be waiting for something and to finally get it. I dig that part of it. Someone, somewhere, isn't going to make it to all five episodes. What if I'm wrongly accused of murder and go to jail? What if I'm pitching a baseball with my ten year old and have a heart attack? My last words just might be......son...you must.....finish.....Monkey....Island..(croak). I think I'll get a check up next week.

You should look for a real medical treatment. I know someone named De Singe do you want to call him for you?

My last words just might be......son...you must.....finish.....Monkey....Island..(croak)

I am not going nowhere until i finished TOMI. I will take it to the other word with me if i have to...

• Now, now, gentlemen. Megaledeth has the right to be wrong!

www.instantrimshot.com

Add Comment