User Avatar Image

LeChuck's Body: Where Did It Come From ?

posted by Azshara on - last edited - Viewed by 186 users

something else to think about is LeChuck's actual body. i mean, he goes from being a ghost in MI1, to a resurrected decaying corpse in MI2, to a flaming demon in MI3 and 4. so now, in MI5, where did this new, perfectly healthy human body come from ? we found out in MI2 that LeChuck can't be brought back to life per se, but he can be resurrected w/ a "living" part of him (his beard). but now, suddenly, he has a brand new body just as if he had not been dead and buried for years in the first place.

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Azshara said: something else to think about is LeChuck's actual body. i mean, he goes from being a ghost in MI1, to a resurrected decaying corpse in MI2, to a flaming demon in MI3 and 4. so now, in MI5, where did this new, perfectly healthy human body come from ? we found out in MI2 that LeChuck can't be brought back to life per se, but he can be resurrected w/ a "living" part of him (his beard). but now, suddenly, he has a brand new body just as if he had not been dead and buried for years in the first place.

im guessing his zombie form is just his body rotting. and im gueesing the cutlass of kaflu is a pretty powerfull vodoo item

• @balin2k said: im guessing his zombie form is just his body rotting. and im gueesing the cutlass of kaflu is a pretty powerfull vodoo item

Well naturally, Guybrush had to sail 6 of the 7 major seas to assemble it after all.

• @Azshara said: something else to think about is LeChuck's actual body. i mean, he goes from being a ghost in MI1, to a resurrected decaying corpse in MI2, to a flaming demon in MI3 and 4. so now, in MI5, where did this new, perfectly healthy human body come from ? we found out in MI2 that LeChuck can't be brought back to life per se, but he can be resurrected w/ a "living" part of him (his beard). but now, suddenly, he has a brand new body just as if he had not been dead and buried for years in the first place.

We actually never see what happened to his corpse at the end of MI2.
    If the whole LeChuck being a kid under the corpse thing was just an illusion for Guybrush, what was to stop his Demon form re-inhabiting his zombie corpse after MI4?

• but we did see how LeChuck killed himself at the begining of CoMI^^

• A wizard did it.

Wait a minute, that actually makes sense in this context.

It was magic.

• Isn't it obvious?

When Guybrush and LeChuck held the Cutlass of Kaflu, Guybrush took on some of LeChuck's evil and zombie-ness. While LeChuck took some of Guybrush's humanity. Obviously this is a fairly uneven exchange, so far Guybrush isn't a full demon-zombie and a lot of LeChuck's evil voodoo mojo is floating in the air, but it's obvious to me that this new LeChuck form is simply our LeChuck taking on the humanity of Guybrush.

To what extent that affects both of our characters, we'll have to see. The reaction seems much stronger in LeChuck, while Guybrush only has one evil hand and occasionally takes on LeChuck's antisocial traits. We have few hints as to what is going on in LeChuck's now-living brain, but I'd suspect something has changed.

• To me the question is: isn't he quite handsome now? More than Guybrush, anyway?

• @rlw822 said: To me the question is: isn't he quite handsome now? More than Guybrush, anyway?

I'm wondering this, too. What did Elaine mean by 'Woof'??

• @rlw822 said: To me the question is: isn't he quite handsome now? More than Guybrush, anyway?

Personally I find that beard very unkissable. :p

Add Comment