User Avatar Image

Im confused about streem

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 221 users

can I just buy special edition and download game like I do on telltale??

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • yes

From http://store.steampowered.com/app/32360/ in about 3 hours

Make sure you download STEAM first though - which is free

• No, the game will be bound a Steam account which you have to create. You can't just access it via Telltale.

Also, the Steam client is required, not just for downloading, but also for running the game,
    There are different opinions about Steam. Personally, I wouldn't install it again if they paid me to.

• User Avatar Image
    DPB

Steam is okay, it could be worse, they could be using Games For Windows Live.

• @hansschmucker said: No, the game will be bound a Steam account which you have to create. You can't just access it via Telltale.

Also, the Steam client is required, not just for downloading, but also for running the game,
    There are different opinions about Steam. Personally, I wouldn't install it again if they paid me to.

thanks I made an account but havnt downloaded it yet Il proboly only use it 4 this game

• You can play it in the Steam program, which takes no resources really, and you can download it all the times you want, ever having to fear to loose it :) if they release any patches / updates they will be automaticly applied if you are connected to the internet.

• @RMJ1984 said: You can play it in the Steam program, which takes no resources really, and you can download it all the times you want, ever having to fear to loose it :) if they release any patches / updates they will be automaticly applied if you are connected to the internet.

that sound cool I never even herd of streem till this week :P

• @MusicallyInspired said: It's not "streem" it's "steam."

opps sorry

• It does until you try it.... basically Steam takes charge of everything: Purchase, download, install, update, ingame features.
    The other side of the medal is that Steam will need to be launched every time you want to play and won't close automatically when you exit. When it's updating (or was updating when you last closed it) it won't allow you to run any game unless you're connected to the internet and if you have no internet connection for some time it will randomly require online authentication and not allow you to run any games. Basically, it's a very elaborate DRM scheme that provides good service for online games that need a connection anyway and require frequent updates, while bringing only misery when all you really want to play is single player.

• @hansschmucker said: It does until you try it.... basically Steam takes charge of everything: Purchase, download, install, update, ingame features.
    The other side of the medal is that Steam will need to be launched every time you want to play and won't close automatically when you exit. When it's updating (or was updating when you last closed it) it won't allow you to run any game unless you're connected to the internet and if you have no internet connection for some time it will randomly require online authentication and not allow you to run any games. Basically, it's a very elaborate DRM scheme that provides good service for online games that need a connection anyway and require frequent updates, while bringing only misery when all you really want to play is single player.

Steam is open all the time, as it takes nada resources, and should be open, you dont need the internet to play, no more than via Telltale. You can play just fine in offline mode, dont go spreading these rumors, because you wont embrace the future.

Now i know i might live in this super hightect country, but in the past 10 years i had internet i have been without internet for maybe 4-5hours total over those years. its just that stable here, and it should be anywhere else.

You will never use youre games, and i for one think steam is the best kind of this DRM, instead of Starforce, which makes you system crash or drm which limits you installs, i dont wanna contact telltale or any other company and beg for more installations.

As added benefit you get steam forums, 2 of the most buggy games i remember Stalker and GTA 4, fans in there got them all to run more or less perfect, consindering most of us couldn run either, thanks to those amature developers. another nice feature, you right click on the game select view forum.

Drm is coming no matter if we like it or not, and to me atleast Steam is the best drm, never any problems, it just works. Still have over a dusin games i cant play on cd/dvds because of anger rage beep beep and beep DRM. some DRM like Starforce actully went in and took control over part of the windows core, that is just to much of an intrusion of my privacy, and other wanting to control if im allowed to have daemon tools or other programs installed to play their games.

Steam doesnt have any of that.

One way of looking at steam is like Xbox Live or PSN, just steam is much better than both of those, programs like steam, direct2drive and so forth, its gonna secure the PC's survival, because they give you benefits you have the original, autoupdates, easy forum access. finally the evil intrusive DRM has been cut back on PC, thanks to such programs. the only thing i really miss, to avoid us having games in 10programs like steam is, that if you could buy games from any of the online stores like steam, and add it permanently to the program you like to use.

Add Comment