User Avatar Image

Who else is waiting to play MI2 again until they release a special edition of it?

posted by PariahKing on - last edited - Viewed by 668 users

I loaded up MI2 today, my favorite adventure game ever. It had been several, several years since I had played it so I didn't remember the dialog - just the puzzles. Then I got a little bit farther and I shut it off.

I was just thinking to myself over and over that'd I would enjoy this more if I was patient and waited for a remake with Dominic and Earl doing voice over. It's not bad or anything - it is still the best adventure game ever made in my opinion - but I don't want to ruin the SE experience.

If they announce something like DoTT or Grim Fandango as their next SE though I'll probably break in and wait the year out.

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have this theory that they're already remaking MI2 and will be announcing its release within the next couple months, my guess would be around the end of the TMI season as far as release window.

  • @Pale Man said: I have this theory that they're already remaking MI2 and will be announcing its release within the next couple months, my guess would be around the end of the TMI season as far as release window.

    Yeah I'm thinking along the same lines. Which means playing it now would mean that I would kill my enjoyment for the remake.

    I think I'll probably actually just skip to Curse and give that a run through.

  • Then what would I play while waiting for the bus?
    Seriously though, after playing SOMI:SE I'm not as excited anymore as I would otherwise have been over a possible MI2 remake. I mean, they already had problems with the more cartoonish style of MI1 and if they applied that same style to MI2 it would be a disaster.

  • It would be smart of them to make it to go along with TOMi

  • I agree that they didn't quite milk every pixel for character when they redrew the sprites, a certain amount of charm was lost, but on the other hand a huge amount was gained with the voices, music and backgrounds.

    The interface needs some work too, but I'm absolutely waiting for MI2:SE, it's been well over ten years since I last played it and the puzzles are now a pleasantly vague and hazy memory. :D

    Replaying it is going to be a true joy, moreso than SoMI:SE as I'd only finished replaying the classic version a few months ago.

  • Monkey Island II is my favorite adventure ever. Please LucasArts, make a remake...

  • I'd love a LCR:SE if only for the voice work. It seems a bit out of place now, being the only non-talkie Monkey game.

  • @Irishmile said: It would be smart of them to make it to go along with TOMi

    Mid-season or near the end, between an episode gap seems the most logical to me.

  • I'm enjoying the special edition a great deal, and honestly couldn't care less that the graphics could have been better, so I would definitely enjoy a remake of MI2.

    On the other hand, as brilliant as Dominic is as Guybrush, he's very different from the voice I envisioned when I played the game back when it first came out. So I'm perfectly happy to play the original version, too.

    So basically, it's a win/win situation for me.

  • @PariahKing said: I loaded up MI2 today, my favorite adventure game ever. It had been several, several years since I had played it so I didn't remember the dialog - just the puzzles. Then I got a little bit farther and I shut it off.

    I was just thinking to myself over and over that'd I would enjoy this more if I was patient and waited for a remake with Dominic and Earl doing voice over. It's not bad or anything - it is still the best adventure game ever made in my opinion - but I don't want to ruin the SE experience.

    If they announce something like DoTT or Grim Fandango as their next SE though I'll probably break in and wait the year out.

    A special edition of MI2? Would be fun!

Add Comment