User Avatar Image

Dominic Armato Appreciation Thread

posted by PariahKing on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

We've had some threads for "thanks" for the game, to the designers and even the lab puzzle. But there really hasn't been one for the person who re-voiced Guybrush Threepwood - the same guy who answered every question asked in the private pirate forum on this forum!

Having played the first episode of Tales and through MI:SE, I went back and tried to play MI2. MI2 is my favorite Monkey Island game and I've played it a billion times. And I was reading the dialog and something just felt missing. So I decided to turn off my favorite adventure game and wait hopefully for the day it gets a special edition. For me personally, Dominic has definitively stamped himself onto the character of Guybrush Threepwood and I can't imagine a Monkey Island game without him. MI2 is still my favorite adventure game even without him doing the voice over, but it just feels out of place now in some way now that every other game has been voiced over.

Dom did a great job in both Tales and MI:SE. My appreciation of the game was greatly enhanced by his work. I'm glad he came back and did both games.

Anyway, thanks Dom.

86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
Add Comment