User Avatar Image

Problem with the SBCG4AP Disk!

posted by RockMan87 on - last edited - Viewed by 511 users

I got the SBCG4AP disk at Comicon, and I was happy! :)

But when I got home to actually play it, the computer won't even read the freakin' disk. It keeps saying that nothing's in the disk drive.

Help?

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Pale Man said: Do you use Vista?

I use Windows XP

• @RockMan87 said: I use Windows XP

Oh, I was thinking of a different problem I had with the Bone discs at one point, totally unrelated to not reading the discs. Sorry about that.

Back to the problem, is your disc drive capable of reading other DVDs? If not, your drive might need cleaning, in which case you'd need to have a special kit to do so.

If it is capable of reading other DVDs, I would recommend lightly cleaning the surface of the non-functioning disc with rubbing alcohol, I've had a problem in the past where there would be some kind of invisible residue on DVDs, most commonly with Xbox discs.

Don't apply rubbing alcohol directly to the disc surface, however. Apply a small amount (enough to get it damp) to a soft cloth and gently rub the surface of the disc, then use a dry cloth to wipe it dry. If this doesn't solve your problem, and your disc drive can read other discs properly, I'm not sure what the problem could be.

• @Pale Man said: Oh, I was thinking of a different problem I had with the Bone discs at one point, totally unrelated to not reading the discs. Sorry about that.

Back to the problem, is your disc drive capable of reading other DVDs? If not, your drive might need cleaning, in which case you'd need to have a special kit to do so.

If it is capable of reading other DVDs, I would recommend lightly cleaning the surface of the non-functioning disc with rubbing alcohol, I've had a problem in the past where there would be some kind of invisible residue on DVDs, most commonly with Xbox discs.

Don't apply rubbing alcohol directly to the disc surface, however. Apply a small amount (enough to get it damp) to a soft cloth and gently rub the surface of the disc, then use a dry cloth to wipe it dry. If this doesn't solve your problem, and your disc drive can read other discs properly, I'm not sure what the problem could be.

I'll try rubbing the disk with the rubbing alcohol, because it's able to read other DVDs.

• If it's fine, coul- I mean, may I ask another question about the DVD?
    I tried running on my Playstation 2, and I can't get color on it.
    It works good on my computer, but for a reason it won't work on PS2, which is my only DVD-compatible machine.
    Is there anything I could do to get color?

• If it runs on yr puter, just open it in media player. That's what I do because the rest of my family hates the brothers chaps' guts! Otherwise, have you checked all the cables are hooked up right?

• @Jagger88 said: That's what I do because the rest of my family hates the brothers chaps' guts!

Is there a reason why? If there is no reason then what's wrong with your family.

• @SidGarcia said: If it's fine, coul- I mean, may I ask another question about the DVD?
    I tried running on my Playstation 2, and I can't get color on it.
    It works good on my computer, but for a reason it won't work on PS2, which is my only DVD-compatible machine.
    Is there anything I could do to get color?

This is a thread about MY problem! :(

• Yeah, I actually felt like helping out, but after seeing that reply, forget about it.

Add Comment