User Avatar Image

Wii Tales of Monkey Island almost unplayable

posted by Surf314 on - last edited - Viewed by 703 users

I just got the wii version so me and my wife can enjoy it together and it is terrible. It is extremely laggy, sometimes I only hear audio and the video freezes, it chugs between scenes and other stuff, and graphically it's a complete mess.

Please tell me I have a corrupt download or something and this isn't what the wii product is supposed to be like. If it is where can I get a refund? I really want to play these games so I will just get the PC version instead if this is really how the game is on the Wii.

66 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Smy

No - I think you got the normal download. I'm so disappointed in this. I wish I could return the Wii game - its so bad. The voices quality is so low I can't even understand everything that's said... why would they release a game like this?

• More victims of the 40mb file size limit :(

• I was going to get the WiiWare version until I realised how much more expensive it would be.

I'm glad I didn't now, I thought it would be just like the PC version, but on a lower resolution.

• Do you think there is any chance of Telltale fixing this, like patching the game or at least giving us a discount to buy the PC version?

• @Surf314 said: Do you think there is any chance of Telltale fixing this, like patching the game or at least giving us a discount to buy the PC version?

I doubt they'll be able to patch the game and I can't see why they should discount the PC version - it's not like the Wii game doesn't work, it just isn't as good.

• @Pale Man said: More victims of the 40mb file size limit :(

I don't think this should even be the issue. TellTale know about the 40MB limit going in and should have built the game accordingly. As it IS, ToMI should not have been released on WiiWare.

• @questinghero said: I don't think this should even be the issue. TellTale know about the 40MB limit going in and should have built the game accordingly. As it IS, ToMI should not have been released on WiiWare.

I agree with you 100%. I want my money back!

• @guitarsareboring said: I doubt they'll be able to patch the game

Nintendo have released updates to virtual console games after release to solve issues, so it isn't impossible that they will do so for this as well!

• @Graxer said: Nintendo have released updates to virtual console games after release to solve issues, so it isn't impossible that they will do so for this as well!

Fingers Crossed.

• @guitarsareboring said: I doubt they'll be able to patch the game and I can't see why they should discount the PC version - it's not like the Wii game doesn't work, it just isn't as good.

As far as I am concerned its a faulty product. I couldn't wait to turn it off. It was like I wanted to enjoy it but couldn't because of all the technical problems. I don't see any reason why I should play it any further and I've only made it to the first auto-save point.

It just ran really bad and broke any ability I had to immerse myself in the story or even follow what was going on. The video on several scenes skipped entirely and I could only hear the audio. That was why I came here hoping there was a fix, if that is just the way they released the game than they really should make some sort of effort to make things right for their customers or they won't have any more Wii customers at least.

I mean I've heard nothing but glowing reviews from friends about this game but I can't get to it, I won't play any more of it and if I have to buy this on PC full price I won't do it. Which mean's they've lost $25 from the PC purchase I would like to make or $40 from the rest of the wii purchases I'd make if they fixed it. So times that by everyone else who feels the same way and see if it is worth it to them to do something.

Add Comment