User Avatar Image

Wii Tales of Monkey Island almost unplayable

posted by Surf314 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

I just got the wii version so me and my wife can enjoy it together and it is terrible. It is extremely laggy, sometimes I only hear audio and the video freezes, it chugs between scenes and other stuff, and graphically it's a complete mess.

Please tell me I have a corrupt download or something and this isn't what the wii product is supposed to be like. If it is where can I get a refund? I really want to play these games so I will just get the PC version instead if this is really how the game is on the Wii.

66 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Thanks will for response.

I also Really appreciate you being patient with users who are upset with the situation and understanding that they are upset. There is another post in the ToMI forum were a TTG employee was saying (IMHO) that it's not our (TTG) problem that the Wii is inferior system and you get what you pay for.

I feel much better after your response and feel you handled the situation much better (unlike I feel the other guy did).

I wish things could be different for ep1, but I am ok with moving forward. I for one will give TellTale a second chance, and am looking forward to ToMI Ep 2.

• For the record, he wasn't trying to say it wasn't our problem. He was just attempting to discuss some of the difficulties involved in development, though it got pretty muddled. Long story short, he has apologized PROFUSELY for the confusion.

• fair enough. I can completely understand how things can be misinterpreted in text... not that that has ever happened to me :p

• @bobhobbit said: I wonder if Wii space limitations are the reason for the totally superfluous dialogue tree in the first conversation with Nipperkin on the beach....

That slightly annoyed me, I hope it doesnt happen more often in later chapters.

• finally a good reply from a telltale employee... even with the technical flaws i still love the wiiware version of chapter 1... hope chapter 2 in wiiware comes soon :)

• @Will said: For the record, he wasn't trying to say it wasn't our problem. He was just attempting to discuss some of the difficulties involved in development, though it got pretty muddled. Long story short, he has apologized PROFUSELY for the confusion.

I haven't been able to locate an apology/retraction for the ludicrous iPhone statement, however, and it's now being publicized at game sites - painting Telltale employees in a bad light.

• @SkywardShadow said: I haven't been able to locate an apology/retraction for the ludicrous iPhone statement, however, and it's now being publicized at game sites - painting Telltale employees in a bad light.

Ouch. Just ouch.

• @Will said: For the record, he wasn't trying to say it wasn't our problem. He was just attempting to discuss some of the difficulties involved in development, though it got pretty muddled. Long story short, he has apologized PROFUSELY for the confusion.

Apologies that was rather due, in my humble opinion, and also appreciated in fact.
    (No, I couldn't care less about what piece of hardware is more powerful, it was about not taking responsibility (or not explicitly) that really pissed me off.)

@Will said: Now as for the actual problems, it's definitely a topic of discussion around the office, so I don't want anyone to think we are just ignoring it and hoping it will go away. We definitely aren't happy with the fact that not everyone is having an enjoyable experience.

Again, I'm really sorry some of you aren't enjoying the wii version. We are looking into some options, but I won't have anything more to tell you for another day or two.

That's the kind of answer I would have liked to have in the first place from the TTG I came to love.

Thank you, Will.

• @FoolsRun said: Enough to recommend friends avoid the game on the Wii (though I strongly recommend it on PC, the game is phenomenal).

Yes, me too.

I'm really promoting the game to friends, it really deserves it, it's nothing short of awesome, but strongly advising them towards PC.

• heh.. this is ridicoulus. Most people KNEW that the game would be compressed to 40 mb, so why the high expectations?

What I really don't understand is why Telltale decided to release the game on Wiiware in the first place. Hope they take this under the "experience cape", and relase the next Telltale game on Wii on the disc format, and keep the downloadable versions on XBLA and evt PS3.

Add Comment