Menu
User Avatar Image

Did you like the wii version of TOMI?

posted by kbogle24 on - last edited - Viewed by 878 users

Did you like the wii version of TOMI?

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I thought the game was amazing and look forward to future episodes, but I am extremely disappointed with the technical issues of the wii version and probably won't buy the remaining episodes if they aren't fixed.

• I voted "ok", because I experienced a very intense lag. I was playing another day and when I changed the screen (I was entering in the jungle), the lag was so high that the screen froze. I tried to reset and nothing happened. After that, I realized that I needed to turn off my plug because the reset button of the wii didn't work.

Anyone knows why it happened? if so, what can I do to stop with this lag?

Also, does anyone know how can I save my Treasure Hunting game? I took the 6 maps, but when I logged on to play again, I only had the first map.

• I was just wondering how many of you bought both the PC and the Wii version?
    I bought them both and perhaps thats why i have a big problem with the wii version. The PC runs so smooth on a high resolution but the wii runs so choppy on a low resolution. If i had just played the Wii version I might not miss what i have on the PC. I still love the game and plan on buying all the Wii episodes.

• I have both, and considering I'm well aware of the 40MB Wiiware limit (and all the issues mentioned here since the US version was released) I have been pleasantly surprised in playing today's released PAL version. Never before has so much content been crammed into a Wiiware title.

• Well, i downloaded it yesterday, 1/2 hour after release and have yet to play it. I'll let you know my thoughts when i do.

• it has a less than perfect framerate here, i'm not too bothered about that honestly. but it suffers from i don't have a HD tv disease, basically the text is too small to read without squinting on my tv here which is a giant pain for me. would *love* an option to have larger text on the next episodes, which i will of course be buying because I'm not gonna throw my toys out of my cott just because of a few issues ;)

for £7.50, its a fantastic wiiware game.

there are also a few, infrequent pauses for loading before some grand animation plays as well, its not that big a deal.

• @gord said: it has a less than perfect framerate here, i'm not too bothered about that honestly. but it suffers from i don't have a HD tv disease, basically the text is too small to read without squinting on my tv here which is a giant pain for me. would *love* an option to have larger text on the next episodes, which i will of course be buying because I'm not gonna throw my toys out of my cott just because of a few issues ;)

there are also a few, infrequent pauses for loading before some grand animation plays as well, its not that big a deal.

As I'm seeing, everyone has the same problem with the huge lag.

I forgot to mention, I don't know why they make the text so small, since I guess no one can read it. I agree with you, they could make an option to make the text bigger.

• Here is something no one has said before(but is true) I found more graphics problems on the PC demo, than the wii version, and no for once it wasn't my computer because it's working pretty well now.

• It's been pretty good up until the point i'm at. When i get the ancient scroll out (to examine), the whole game slows tow 1 frame every 10 seconds. Anyone else have this problem?

*edit* it does the same to the pause screen aswell now.

**edit** i turned the power off, and now my wii is Buzzing at me and the game has jammed.

• @Friar said: It's been pretty good up until the point i'm at. When i get the ancient scroll out (to examine), the whole game slows tow 1 frame every 10 seconds. Anyone else have this problem?

*edit* it does the same to the pause screen aswell now.

**edit** i turned the power off, and now my wii is Buzzing at me and the game has jammed.

Sounds like something is wrong with your Wii.

Add Comment