Menu
User Avatar Image

Did you like the wii version of TOMI?

posted by kbogle24 on - last edited - Viewed by 858 users

Did you like the wii version of TOMI?

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @gord said: it has a less than perfect framerate here, i'm not too bothered about that honestly. but it suffers from i don't have a HD tv disease, basically the text is too small to read without squinting on my tv here which is a giant pain for me. would *love* an option to have larger text on the next episodes, which i will of course be buying because I'm not gonna throw my toys out of my cott just because of a few issues ;)

    there are also a few, infrequent pauses for loading before some grand animation plays as well, its not that big a deal.

    As I'm seeing, everyone has the same problem with the huge lag.

    I forgot to mention, I don't know why they make the text so small, since I guess no one can read it. I agree with you, they could make an option to make the text bigger.

  • Here is something no one has said before(but is true) I found more graphics problems on the PC demo, than the wii version, and no for once it wasn't my computer because it's working pretty well now.

  • It's been pretty good up until the point i'm at. When i get the ancient scroll out (to examine), the whole game slows tow 1 frame every 10 seconds. Anyone else have this problem?

    *edit* it does the same to the pause screen aswell now.

    **edit** i turned the power off, and now my wii is Buzzing at me and the game has jammed.

  • @Friar said: It's been pretty good up until the point i'm at. When i get the ancient scroll out (to examine), the whole game slows tow 1 frame every 10 seconds. Anyone else have this problem?

    *edit* it does the same to the pause screen aswell now.

    **edit** i turned the power off, and now my wii is Buzzing at me and the game has jammed.

    Sounds like something is wrong with your Wii.

  • Look out! It's going to blow!

  • @Rabap said: As I'm seeing, everyone has the same problem with the huge lag.

    I haven't encoutered anything other than tiny pauses between the occasional scene. So far anyway.

    The small text is quite hard to read, but coupled with the audio (which sounds fine to me), it's pretty easy to tell what's happening (but yes, a bigger font wouldn't have been a bad idea).

  • @Frederick Kim said: Apparently Telltale is aware of the technical issues with the WiiWare version, and working to prevent them from cropping up in the next episode. So I'm looking forward to the next installment.

    That's great but I hope it doesn't affect the quality of the PC version!

  • @guitarsareboring said: That's great but I hope it doesn't affect the quality of the PC version!

    Telltale has stated that it won't. And seeing how the PC version is probably Telltale's main source of income, it doesn't make sense they would do anything to limit its quality.

    I mean, the problems the Wiiware version has right now are pretty much proof Telltale didn't limit the first chapter of Tales to fit the restrictions of Wiiware. And all things considered, the first chapter of Tales felt like a richer gaming experience than the first chapter of Bone or Sam and Max season 1, both of which came out before Telltale really explored porting games to the Wii.

    Much like the "birther" conspiracy theory that's gained popularity with the wackos, the "Wii ports are somehow affecting the quality of the PC version" theory is unsubstantiated, and really just an excuse to hate.

    Stop the hating!

  • @jp-30 said: I haven't encoutered anything other than tiny pauses between the occasional scene. So far anyway.

    The small text is quite hard to read, but coupled with the audio (which sounds fine to me), it's pretty easy to tell what's happening (but yes, a bigger font wouldn't have been a bad idea).

    I'm brazilian and I'm not so good at hearing cnversations, so I'd rather read the text :p

    Why didn't you encounter much lag? Do you know what I can do to improve it?

Add Comment