User Avatar Image

Future TOMI Chapters release dates?

posted by born2c0de on - last edited - Viewed by 391 users

Chapter 1 released on July 7th.
Chapter 2 releases on August 20th.

Judging by this pattern, I don't think chapter 3 will be released any time before 20th September. If they couldn't release chapter 2 within a month's time, do you think it is possible to release chap. 3 just 10-15 days after chap. 2 comes out? I doubt it.

If my assumptions are true, it would mean that chaps 4 and 5 will be released almost 2 months after the previous episode.

I really don't want to wait longer than a month for an episode and I hope Telltale have thought this through.

Do you guys think this could happen?

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, since the days between 1 & 2 are 44 days, then my estimate would be (if every release is roughly 44 days inbetween):

Chapter 3: October 3th
    Chapter 4: November 16th
    Chapter 5: December 30th

I bet that Chapter 5 will be out before Christmas though, just for the Christmas Present part.....

I was personally hoping that every release would be roughly 30 days, but the current Chapter 2 release date shatters it :(

• Well there's not much of a pattern since we've only got two release dates;)

But no I doubt you've anything to worry about. It's slightly misleading by saying that each episode is released monthly as it's really more of a case of 'one episode per month'.

From what I know work has been well underway on future episodes already. I'd imagine they're polishing up episode 2 having listened to some of the feedback from episode 1.

Having learnt from that i'd imagine the progress of future episodes will speed up somewhat, once they've worked out the necessary bugs.

I'm only guessing though but i'm confident we'll see an episode released each month. I haven't heard of a case where Telltale have failed yet:)

• For comparison, here are the release dates for Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People from last year:

Episode 1: August 11th
    Episode 2: September 15th
    Episode 3: October 27th
    Episode 4: November 17th
    Episode 5: December 15th

So yeah, they've been known to release episodes 3 weeks apart before, wouldn't be out of the question this season either.

• Awesome.
    I guess I was worrying unnecessarily.
    Thanks.

• I have always wished TTG would do something like

Chap 3: September 31st (Everyone Complains, Gets angry)
    Chap 4: October 6th.

• @StLouisRibs said: I have always wished TTG would do something like

Why? That's not nearly enough time for most people to complete episode 3...

• No, I'm saying they delay Episode Three after completion so they appear to get thing s out faster

• I prefer to wait for the game long enough for them to finish a high quality game, than to receive an incomplete game. I dont have a problem waiting. I am 100% sure this game of Tales of Monkey Island will hit retail stores and sell alot.

• @StLouisRibs said: I have always wished TTG would do something like

That's awesomely evil, or as I like to say Awevil!

• @LeChuck1986 said: Well, since the days between 1 & 2 are 44 days, then my estimate would be (if every release is roughly 44 days inbetween):

Chapter 3: October 3th
    Chapter 4: November 16th
    Chapter 5: December 30th

I bet that Chapter 5 will be out before Christmas though, just for the Christmas Present part.....

I was personally hoping that every release would be roughly 30 days, but the current Chapter 2 release date shatters it :(

I'd be happy with that chapter 3 release date - the day after my birthday! :)

Add Comment