User Avatar Image

Telltale: We want more Elaine! :)

posted by mrschaatsbergen on - last edited - Viewed by 900 users

Hello everyone! First post here. :) I hope this subject wasn't discussed before, so pardon me for double posting.

As with everyone, I was thrilled to play the new Monkey Island series. Thanks Telltale for making this possible! I bought MI5 yesterday and started playing. Finished chapter 1 this afternoon and I must say I was very impressed!

I don't know how other people feel about this, but I thought IMHO that Elaine's presence was brief in chapter 1. I really hope she will be more prominent in the upcoming chapters! I read this rumour on wikipedia that she may be playable in the upcoming chapters? Hope this is true!

But if not, I still love the dialogue between Guybrush and Elaine ever since MI3. Although she had a bit larger role in MI4, I think her role could even be bigger in Tales of MI. And it's great to have Alexandra Boyd back again as her voice. She's a great actress / voice actress.

Maybe I'm just a whee bit impatient and just have to wait the chapter 2 - 5 and see. ;) But I was just giving my 2 cents. So Telltale, give us more Elaine please. :)

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @mrschaatsbergen said: I read this rumour on wikipedia that she may be playable in the upcoming chapters? Hope this is true!

And this is the problem with Wikipedia.

• @PariahKing said: And this is the problem with Wikipedia.

Wikipedia is strange. I see errors on it quite frequently, but when I go in there and try to correct them, it automatically changes em back. :confused:

• Well darn, there goes our change to change this mistake in wikipedia!! ;)

• I think Elaine is boring. She suited her role perfectly in MI1, she was alright in two, but in 3 and four she reminds me of Julia Louis Dreyfus (also an Elaine, ironically). More important, all her jokes are dumb 'couple' jokes with Guybrush, and I don't really think the humor between her and Guybrush is up to the normal standards of Monkey Island, or all that suited for the game.

• @Mad Mage said: I think Elaine is boring. She suited her role perfectly in MI1, she was alright in two, but in 3 and four she reminds me of Julia Louis Dreyfus (also an Elaine, ironically). More important, all her jokes are dumb 'couple' jokes with Guybrush, and I don't really think the humor between her and Guybrush is up to the normal standards of Monkey Island, or all that suited for the game.

Well, if anything if she'd be playable at some point it'd allow TellTale to flesh her out more and step away from exactly that and give her some good personality.

I mean, multiple characters in adventure games isn't that weird. It could be possible, even if it was brief, like.. when Guybrush will get captured or so during chapter 3/4.

• There is also this image of Elaine I haven't seen in chapter 1. Probably from upcoming chapters?

elainepose.jpg

• @Aeterna said: Well, if anything if she'd be playable at some point it'd allow TellTale to flesh her out more and step away from exactly that and give her some good personality.

I mean, multiple characters in adventure games isn't that weird. It could be possible, even if it was brief, like.. when Guybrush will get captured or so during chapter 3/4.

Yes. :) Alone in the Dark 1 + 4 for example comes into my mind, although it wasn't really multiple, but it could be possible and fun.

• @mrschaatsbergen said: I read this rumour on wikipedia that she may be playable in the upcoming chapters?

If something like that was on Wikipedia then it wasn't on the Tales page or any of the other Monkey/TTG/LucasArts areas that I've got my eye on/ have written; I try to keep everything reliably referenced to the sourcing ideal that Wikipedia is supposed to have. Wikipedia isn't meant to be the place for random unsubstiated rumours or otherwise unpublished material, though there are unfortunately too many places where the net has holes. You need to take care of what you read, and if it doesn't have a footnote number next to it where you can verify the truthfulness for yourself in either a webpage or book, or has colourful banners at the top stating article faults, take it with more than a large pinch of salt.

• @S@bre said: If something like that was on Wikipedia then it wasn't on the Tales page or any of the other Monkey/TTG/LucasArts areas that I've got my eye on/ have written; I try to keep everything reliably referenced to the sourcing ideal that Wikipedia is supposed to have. Wikipedia isn't meant to be the place for random unsubstiated rumours or otherwise unpublished material, though there are unfortunately too many places where the net has holes. You need to take care of what you read, and if it doesn't have a footnote number next to it where you can verify the truthfulness for yourself in either a webpage or book, or has colourful banners at the top stating article faults, take it with more than a large pinch of salt.

It's on the Elaine Marley page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elaine_Marley

When I read this again, I realise I've overseen the word "might". But you're right about the footnotes, as it lacks one in that particular sentence.

Add Comment