User Avatar Image

First Episode available TOMORROW!

posted by Winckle on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

Yes, i live in France and i'm excited about the worldwilde release of the first episode!
I've never played Sam and Max before but i think it's great!
I've seen some videos of Hit The Road and the humour is great.
(Why not sold or offer Hit The Road when buying the first season or in a bonus with the CD? It will be great because i can't find it anywhere)
At what time the game is supposed to be out tomorrow (GMT hour)?
Thanks for the answer.

91 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It is a simultaneous release. Everybody will be getting it simultaneously. Everybody will be able to get it at the same time.

If I am talking to you on the phone, we can be talking simultaneously or at the same time regardless of whatever happens to be the local time.

And Emily basically explained all the logistical difficulties (as well as legal ones)... I guess I'd suggest that Telltale put up a countdown clock next time, synchronized to the time they actually intend to release things, and that should clear up all ambiguity as well as serve as another element that makes people say "I can't wait!"

• It'd be nice to have it released at midnight, but as JP-30 said Telltale probably (understandably) want to have support staff around at the time of release. I'd rather wait 10 hours or whatever extra than have every one in the world playing the game except me because something got fucked up immediately before I went to download and noone's around to fix it. That said, it would be nice for future episodes if Telltale set a more specific ETA, if only so I know when to set my alarm clock for.

• Well, I'm a fan from New Zealand (or as we like to say, Noo Zild). So it's not only Aussies who are getting excited. For us here it's 8:46pm on November 1st. I'll just say this now, if there's some sort of problem and I can't download my preordered Sam and Max goodness... Somebody is going to fully appreciate my displeasure. Otherwise, I can't wait. I'm sure it'll be fantastic!

• Numble's idea of a countdown clock is a good one. Except that if there is a slight delay in getting the download activation thing switched on, all hell will break loose.

And having a bit of a 'floating' release time probably puts less stress on the download server. I can't imagine the hits that thing would get if everyone was waiting until the exact same second to start downloading.

On that, is p2p distribution an option for the installer? I guess you can't track individual downloads, but peope would still need to activate the game once installed in the usual manner.

• @Pvt._Public said: Well, I'm a fan from New Zealand (or as we like to say, Noo Zild). So it's not only Aussies who are getting excited. For us here it's 8:46pm on November 1st. I'll just say this now, if there's some sort of problem and I can't download my preordered Sam and Max goodness... Somebody is going to fully appreciate my displeasure. Otherwise, I can't wait. I'm sure it'll be fantastic!

Well, the servers are going to take a gigantic hammering tomorrow. I'm not expecting a fast (accessible?) download until several hours after the actual release time.

• User Avatar Image
    CJM

I agree with Junkface. The most annoying part of the whole thing is checking my email and the telltale site every half hour to see if it's been posted yet. I've given up hope that I'll see it before the morning of the second (another Aussie) - but that won't stop me checking into the early hours of the morning. This is also probably the reason that a lot of us have been posting here, with the 1/11/06 date we've woken up and been wondering when it's going to be available for download.

So yeah, even just a 'Sometime after 3pm GMT 1/11/06' would do it for me, so I can actually get some work done :P

--CJM

• Jake from telltale has said morning, US Pacific time. That's between ~4am and ~7am, 2 November Sydney time.

I'd get some sleep if I were you. Or watch the cricket...

• @jp-30 said: Well, the servers are going to take a gigantic hammering tomorrow. I'm not expecting a fast (accessible?) download until several hours after the actual release time.

Well, due to the timezone difference, coupled with School and Guitar lessons, etc. I hope that the rush will be mostly dealed with by the time I actually get to play. Hmm... People seem to be getting tense.

As for the cricket, I'm not holding my breath. Black Caps all the way of course, but...

• Nothing.

• I am waiting eagerly, I am patient yet excited. Have tell tale considered a preloading approach like steam? let people download before the release and activate the game on the release? this would avoid the rush on the servers and give instant satisfaction:) I guess theres the chance people would hack it etc. oh well. just a thought while I wait:P

Add Comment