28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well.. i think they just change the trailer not to give too much away... They also skipped parts of the complete scene in it.

• Ahh yes, when I first saw the hook, I was all "Damn you Telltale and your decieving ways!!"

• Also it was kinda of a surpise/confussion for those of us, weak spirited ones, that saw the leaked video.

• Well I guess Guybrush will be getting his hand back at some point. The merfolk librarian mentioned that his people can (re)attach limbs.

• I've got another question for you, Telltale people

Was it surprising for you to see the amount of speculation about the cliffhanger woman? Did you expect most of us were thinking about Kate Capsize and Carla?

• @Junaid said: I've got another question for you, Telltale people

Was it surprising for you to see the amount of speculation about the cliffhanger woman? Did you expect most of us were thinking about Kate Capsize and Carla?

I was thinking it was Wally.. only becasue the mystery person in the screenshot had a hook. That still didn't explain the dress though lol.. unless Wally undergone some MAJOR changes since we last him..hah

• My question to Telltale would be:

At what point did you decide to use Guybrush's character model for one of the pirates that are fighting LeChuck? Was it early on or was it a decision made later after you read some of the peoples concerns about reusing the same two models in chapter 1?

I also think you could use LeChuck's character model in later chapters just so you have a few more to choose from. Maybe De Singe's too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the cliffhanger of chapter 1... I can't believe people were getting so caught up in this Carla, Wally, Kate thing. Really blew my mind that a bunch of people that play adventure games, that are using their brains a lot, would even come up with those ideas & then convince themselves that they might even be true.

I posted in the original cliffhanger thread that it had to be Morgan. At the end of chapter 1 Marquis De Singe grabs the flyer & it just seemed so obvious that it would be her. I didn't even think it was really a cliffhanger it was so obvious. I guess when fans get crazy their minds get a little over excited & you all just over thought it.

• @adventureaddict said: Ahh yes, when I first saw the hook, I was all "Damn you Telltale and your decieving ways!!"

LOL! I ended up finding out before it was released. When I saw the sneak peak I knew they were pulling off a George Lucus. (When Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back was being filmed, the whole thing about Darth Vader being Luke's father was a complete secret that even almost the whole staff didn't know about it and the script they had to go with was that 'Obiwan killed Luke's father' until they did Darth Vader's real voice)

Add Comment