User Avatar Image

Yet another ToMI-not-working thread [I'm REALLY pissed off]

posted by giraffe on - last edited - Viewed by 136 users

Like many of the other posters here, I paid for the whole season soon after it was announced. I did it because my previous experience with Telltale was generally good -- I never had any technical difficulties with your games, website or payment system, and I got the impression you really care about your customers. The release of episode 1 generally maintained this impression.
However, for the past few hours I've been trying every way I could think of to run episode 2, and none worked. It always crashes right after I click the Launch Game button. Other games still work perfectly. Episode 1 still works perfectly. No, I cannot install ATI Catalyst 9.8, since my laptop's ATI graphics card is too old and thus not supported by this driver.
The release was set for a Thursday -- I don't know if it means you won't be attending this problem (and many others, as much as I gather from browsing these forums) over the weekend, but I'm not too optimistic. Yes, I know you want to release early, we want it too. But the lucky ones who got the game to work got a rushed product, and the less fortunate (like me) got absolutely nothing at all.
I can hardly find words to express how angry I am. In all sincerity, the last thing I wish to do right now is to ever pay for one of your games. If this is what I get for my money, I'd rather give it to another game maker, hopefully with a better QA process.

By the way, to add insult to injury, a friend of mine who downloaded episode 2 in less legally legitimate ways had it running fine from the beginning. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

10 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
Add Comment