User Avatar Image

Who else thinks Murray is overrated?

posted by Toothbrush Creepwood on - last edited - Viewed by 345 users

Whats with all the hype over that skull? Sure, he was very funny in CMI and had some amazing lines. But in EMI he was completley boring and i thought he was just thrown in to please fans. No funny lines at all and the tooth-clicking got on my nerves.

So...why all the hype. I have no problem to bring Murray back for one episode. I have no problem to encounter him into the Manatees stomach...but whats with all the begging to make him "a crew member"? He isn't THAT special...

Prove me wrong, but I can live without the skull!

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Just forget about what you saw in MI4 and do like me: pretend like it was never made.
    That game ruined so many childhood memories and loveable characters, including Murray.

• @Lockmort said: Just forget about what you saw in MI4 and do like me: pretend like it was never made.
    That game ruined so many childhood memories and loveable characters, including Murray.

Oh don't get me wrong. I liked MI4 a lot and it had some nice parts. Okay, i hated the interpretation of Monkey Island itself and the plastic look, but it was still Monkey Island.

I just thought Murray was crap in MI4.^^

Oh...and i don't play MI for rehashed "childhood memories".

• @Toothbrush Creepwood said: Oh don't get me wrong. I liked MI4 a lot and it had some nice parts. Okay, i hated the interpretation of Monkey Island itself and the plastic look, but it was still Monkey Island.

I just thought Murray was crap in MI4.^^

Oh...and i don't play MI for rehashed "childhood memories".

By "memories" I meant playing the games ofcourse, nothing more -_-

I don't see MI4 as a Monkey Island game since they ruined Herman Toothrot (can't be Elaine's grandpa), they threw away the whole pirate setting (Planet Threepwood....), they made LeChuck a henchman (stupid Ozzie), the controls were impossible, the new characters were boring (I.Cheese), and Monkey Combat was just;.....well......wrong

• Agree on all things! But still:

liked the "detective" part of accusing Pegnose Pete.
    liked Jambalaye Island and the dark island next to it a lot for the atmosphere.

Hated the charackter models. Man, were they worse.

• Well, I have to admit, the time travelling puzzle and the detective puzzle were kind of fun.

• Murray is fun. No less fun than a lot of characters, and I think he's kind of overrated, but I wouldn't be upset to see him IF HE'S USED WELL. The issue is, I only really liked him in that first puzzle of CMI.

• @Rather Dashing said: Murray is fun. No less fun than a lot of characters, and I think he's kind of overrated, but I wouldn't be upset to see him IF HE'S USED WELL. The issue is, I only really liked him in that first puzzle of CMI.

Are you talking the Goodsoup Family crypt part? That was basically the characters shining moment. Up until then he was just a lot of talk, but there you found out he really is good for scaring people.

• I have to admit I don't remember a lot of details from MI4... I never gave it a second run through.
    I do remember in MI3 however that Murray didnt get near enough lines in my opinion, so I think part of his appeal is that he always leaves you wanting more.
    That and he's just awesome.

• The running joke in this game about looking at skulls and asking if its Murray is funny

• as Mi4 was my first introduction to murray, I wanted to know more about him... Where the fudge did a talking skull come from?
    But I was taken in by his deliciously EVIL character!
    So bring it on! Murray = Huray!

Add Comment