User Avatar Image

The Unoffically Official Morgan LeFlay Appreciation Thread

posted by BobTGoldfish on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

So yeah.

I'm not going to lie. I am a massive fan of this addition to the the Monkeyverse.

So I'm starting up the Morgan LeFlay Appreciation thread for those of us that are of like mind.

I love the dynamic she brings to the game, and the possibilites.

Was The 'Brush joking when he asked her to sail away with him to pillage and plunder? Who knows? all I know is I think it's going to bug a LOT of people for a month!

I also really dub her character design, something a little more overtly sexual about it, that would usually give her the upper hand over most pirates, but it doesn't faze our favorite mighty Pirate.

though am I the only one that noticed in the opening swordfight that Guybrush made NO offensive strikes, instead only parrying and swatting away morgans incoming attacks.. something I thought was pretty chivalrous.

anyway.. let the discussion begin!

130 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think it adds an extra edge of conflict that increases the quality of the storyline.

She idolises Guybrush, but on the other hand, she hunts pirates for a living.

• Well, you know the single shoulderpad is a symbol of awesomeness. Ask Kyle Katarn.

Seriously, I really enjoy the character and can't wait to see what happens next. Right now she's a sexy Pegnose-Pete-type of thug, but it's heavily hinted she'd switch sides.

• @Spadge said: Well, you know the single shoulderpad is a symbol of awesomeness. Ask Kyle Katarn.

Seriously, I really enjoy the character and can't wait to see what happens next. Right now she's a sexy Pegnose-Pete-type of thug, but it's heavily hinted she'd switch sides.

But she's not really a THUG though.
    I mean, unlike pegnose, she wouldn't walk into the bank and perform a hold up to get into the vault.. she'd do things the threepwood way.

Probably in some form of form fitting black catsuit for added Cat-burglar-ness. as opposed the the bright red and gold long coat The 'Brush wore on his escapades.

• I like her character. As much as a joke Guybrush seems to be, it's nice that there's finally one character who realises how legendary he is. Even if she does want to kill him. I think they'll be forced to work together in the next chapter and that'll be very cool.

• @Spadge said: Well, you know the single shoulderpad is a symbol of awesomeness. Ask Kyle Katarn.

I thought of Kyle Katarn when I saw that too! Kinda weird.... But seriously, I love the character of Morgan. She's kinda got that 'obsessed fan gone a bit too far' vibe. Also, Monkey Island needs more female characters.

• Morgan LeFlay is an awesome addition to the Monkey Island universe and that whole sword fight at the start has been my favorite part of Tales thus far.

Will she turn on De Singe and join Guybrush and his crew? Only time will tell :cool:

• Morgan LeFlay is brilliant.

I like having one person who's a fan of Guybrush (although I don't like the idea of more than one person in the world believing his stories - which is why I hated Planet Threepwood... anyone agree or is that just me?).

I think she's gonna be a "good guy" in the end. She seems to be nice at heart, but sticking by her principles. She's definitely far from being a bad guy, anyway.

• Morgan is a great character, great design, and a great addition to the story. She adds a whole new element to the dynamic, and she's genuinely funny too. It also helps that the battle with her is one of the best bits of design in ToMI yet (behind the LeSinge lab, perhaps).

• hmmmm. Guybrush and Morgan dating? Possibilities... plus, she's cute, and is a great addition to the series. Maybe she'll become a regular!

Add Comment