User Avatar Image

Hate these kind of "puzzles"

posted by Eddie on - last edited - Viewed by 567 users

If there is one thing I hate about ToMi, it's the "puzzle" with the bucket and the coals. I don't like the fact that an object magically appears in a location you've been to a few times. I couldn't find anything to pick up the coals and then suddenly a theres a bucket? Why does telltale do it this way? In previous MI games all objects where there already. Doesn't matter if you only need it later on in the game. In ToMi objects appear just when you need them.

So when I get stuck, I need to visit ALL locations again just to see if an object appeared ouf of nowhere? That is ridiculous.

87 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It was there from the beginning. You didn't see it the first time.

Unless your game is bugged.

• Didn't mind the coals. It was obvious they appeared and makes sense (coals can only burn for so long).

PariahKing: I'm not even sure anymore if it was there from the start or not. It probably was and then it's an error on my part. Though I usually check each new location thoroughly. Gonna load a save game from before that point.

• User Avatar Image
    Bas

How did the coals appearing at that point make sense? Where did they come from?

• Loaded a savegame and now I know how I missed it. It's there, but I can't click it! So I can't take it with me and I must have not remembered it.

Coals came from inside the crashing statue.

• @Eddie said: If there is one thing I hate about ToMi, it's the "puzzle" with the bucket and the coals. I don't like the fact that an object magically appears in a location you've been to a few times. Why does telltale do it this way? In previous MI games all objects where there already. Doesn't matter if you only need it later on in the game. In ToMi objects appear just when you need them.

So when I get stuck, I need to visit ALL locations again just to see if an object appeared ouf of nowhere? That is ridiculous.

I had no trouble finding the coals! I helps when the object is GLOWING...

• @haydenwce27 said: I had no trouble finding the coals! I helps when the object is GLOWING...

Well, me neither. But thanks for mentioning ;-). I just didn't have the bucket. Checked around on the forums and it seems this is a known glitch that the bucket isn't always a clickable object.

• User Avatar Image
    Bas

@Eddie said: Coals came from inside the crashing statue.

How does that make any sense? Unless the statue was some sort of heating device and I missed that entire thing.

• Geez weez people, the merroyalperson was in a HOT TUB. And parts of it crashed down.

Need me to spell it out?

• User Avatar Image
    Bas

@spiffy_the_dog said: Geez weez people, the merroyalperson was in a HOT TUB. And parts of it crashed down.

Need me to spell it out?

Did the hot tub crash down? I thought it was the statue in front of the library.

Add Comment