User Avatar Image

MURRAY! should return?

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 503 users

MURRAY!should return?

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It has already been said Murray would appear in a future chapter of Tales...

    As far as I'm concerned, I'm getting a bit sick of all these threads about Murray and Stan... While I like them, I think they are overrated. I'd rather see a comeback from other characters. There are plenty of great characters in Monkey Island who deserve to reappear in a future game:
    Captain Smirk.
    Largo LaGrande.
    Kate Capsize.
    The Voodoo Priest.
    Wally.
    Captain Rottingham.
    King André....

    Just to name a few...
    But fans only want STAN!!! and MURRAY!!! so I guess we'll only have the two of them over and over again...

  • @Marzhin said: It has already been said Murray would appear in a future chapter of Tales...

    As far as I'm concerned, I'm getting a bit sick of all these threads about Murray and Stan... While I like them, I think they are overrated. I'd rather see a comeback from other characters. There are plenty of great characters in Monkey Island who deserve to reappear in a future game:
    Captain Smirk.
    Largo LaGrande.
    Kate Capsize.
    The Voodoo Priest.
    Wally.
    Captain Rottingham.
    King André....

    Just to name a few...
    But fans only want STAN!!! and MURRAY!!! so I guess we'll only have the two of them over and over again...

    I don't want to bore you with a long conversation, yet. LOL

    Don't you think Wally is a growing up a little too much and getting a little too old to be Wally anymore? By now, Monkey Island 6,7...Wally is really getting on in years and he's mentally and physically changed as a person, most likely. He should be considerably older and more distant from his original visual presence in MI-2. I don't know how well his character would balance out either.

    The rest I'll leave aside for later because there all different and to make an extensive post about this right now wouldn't be wise.

  • @doodo! said: I don't want to bore you with a long conversation, yet. LOL

    Don't you think Wally is a growing up a little too much and getting a little too old to be Wally anymore? By now, Monkey Island 6,7...Wally is really getting on in years and he's mentally and physically changed as a person, most likely. He should be considerably older and more distant from his original visual presence in MI-2. I don't know how well his character would balance out either.

    The rest I'll leave aside for later because there all different and to make an extensive post about this right now wouldn't be wise.

    I always thought of him as a child-like adult so I see no real reason why he couldn't be exactly the same.

  • I'd love to see largo back on the scene, think they could do some really funny stuff with him around again, some "men of low moral fibre" wouldn't go a miss too.

  • @Marzhin said: It has already been said Murray would appear in a future chapter of Tales...

    As far as I'm concerned, I'm getting a bit sick of all these threads about Murray and Stan... While I like them, I think they are overrated. I'd rather see a comeback from other characters. There are plenty of great characters in Monkey Island who deserve to reappear in a future game:
    Captain Smirk.
    Largo LaGrande.
    Kate Capsize.
    The Voodoo Priest.
    Wally.
    Captain Rottingham.
    King André....

    Just to name a few...
    But fans only want STAN!!! and MURRAY!!! so I guess we'll only have the two of them over and over again...

    This sums up about exactly my thoughts on this subject.
    I'm in no way "AGAINST" anyone's return, especially murray's, but i still voted no cause i'm also getting sick of reading so many people begging for it.
    No single character (except the few MAIN ones - Guybrush, Elaine, Lechuck) SHOULD return, especially if it's just to have them in there somewhere without any reason for it.
    Minor characters, as great as they can be, are still minor... Overusing them rarely does any good...
    I don't know about anyone else, but i hated R2D2 and C3PO in the new star wars movies. They were absolutely not needed and their presence didn't even make sense. I hated the whole "bobba fett's origins" even more. Those exemples are exactly the kind of crap that can happen when you start assuming than an old character SHOULD return...

  • Don't think Murray is that important so that he should return to the game. Is rather an annoying character. I prefer if TellTale leave him out of the game...

  • What about characters Telltale have gave us, our beloved first mate, Morgan LeFlay, the Marquee, all quality characters. Murray'd be nice and all but my main interest is in all these characters

  • @SupahFly said: Don't think Murray is that important so that he should return to the game. Is rather an annoying character. I prefer if TellTale leave him out of the game...


    Denny Delk, his voice actor, has revealed that he's indeed in the game. Fear not though... Try showing the Morgan LeFlay flyer to the voodoo lady in chapter 1. It seems to me like Murray's playing a purty big role.

    And I agree that some of these new characters are really interesting, namely Winslow, Morgan and de Singe. Didn't get that fond of any character from Escape.

  • Murray, the spin off. LOL, best idea ever.

  • I want to see the Men of Low Moral Fiber back, for Guybrush's sakes! I mean come on, they were an original Monkey Island constant!

Add Comment