User Avatar Image

Puppetmation

posted by The Highway on - last edited - Viewed by 504 users

The animated adventures of Puppet Homestar?

39 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It was...interesting, to say the least...

• Nothing is more fun than to rip off you skin to reveal something never seen before in the H*R universe. A human hand.

• A human hand that goes by the name of Puppet Strong Sad.

• I think it gave the Chapman Brothers the chance to show off a newly styled animation/puppets. If you didn't notice on the other puppet stuff there was no mix of animation and puppets, nor was the screen that big.

• @Nintendo Boy1 said: I think it gave the Chapman Brothers the chance to show off a newly styled animation/puppets. If you didn't notice on the other puppet stuff there was no mix of animation and puppets, nor was the screen that big.

Yeah, they just took pictures of the puppets in all poses and animated those images. Pretty clever, and lazy, if you ask me!

• I found this on the Hrwiki forum, and, though I mostly disagree, he's got a point. Except for " sbcg4ap ep. 5 and sbemail 200 shouldve Been the end." that just plain wrong.

"It was sorta... lame, actually. A rare miss. It's like all of H*R's bad qualities rolled up into one cartoon: A plotless, purposeless non-sequitur full of stupid randomness, confusing dialogue, and tons of obscure inside jokes (and bear in mind, I liked Drive-Thru.)

Also, anyone notice that they're now updating every other Monday instead of every Monday? Less updates and the latest stuff seems to tries to be too current and edgy, and they're re-using a lot of old jokes (and not just well-timed inside references, but where they don't even belong.)

Could they finally be running out of ideas? This cartoon certainly makes me think the site's nearing its end. When I saw "dude, meta" on the toons menu, my stomach just sank... It seemed like Sbemail 200 and SBCG4AP Ep. 5 should have been the end of it (along with 20X6 level 10 and WMHIA's 10th aniversary.) They provided the closest thing H*R gets to closure and what we've seen since then has been sporadic and of dubious quality. There's been a lot of hit-and-miss since Sbemail 200 and it seemed the last of their soul went into the SBCG4AP games (and let's face it, an actual, commercial H*R video game would've made a kickass finale.)

I hope the next few episodes are of better quality, 'cause this is starting to look like what happened to Bob and George. In the end, I stopped reading that during the last few years 'cause it started to get repetitive and full of itself. I really don't want to lose interest in this the same way I did with BnG to the point where I stop coming back."

• I think it was OK. It certainly is "on the edge" in terms of something new which they haven't done before (animating their puppets).

In terms of the puppet "toons". I liked the live video of the puppets doing Dangeresque: Puppet Squad. That was so funny and strange seeing puppets doing all that...

• @The Commissioner said: I think it was OK. It certainly is "on the edge" in terms of something new which they haven't done before (animating their puppets).

In terms of the puppet "toons". I liked the live video of the puppets doing Dangeresque: Puppet Squad. That was so funny and strange seeing puppets doing all that...

Agreed.

• the hrwiki forum sucks:mad::mad: I like the cartoon.

• @Gman5852 said: the hrwiki forum sucks:mad::mad: I like the cartoon.

Most of the Forum stuff from that website is crap, so I agree too.

Add Comment