36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Nah, didn't do it for me. Graphics reminded me of World of Goo, but I was kinda put off.

It looks really depressing, and although it looks cool it appears it's gonna be one of those games that are light on story, but heavy on symbolism. The whole time I would be playing that, I would be analysing all the parts of it and working out what meant what, and I'm sorry but that art is extremely depressing. I'd just feel crap playing it.

I'm gonna wait for reviews, but it looks like a pass for me, just cos of the art direction and the music in the video.

And the puzzles look pretty easy, but I don't think there'll be a goal in this game. Just exploration and symbolism.

• @Fury said: Nah, didn't do it for me. Graphics reminded me of World of Goo, but I was kinda put off.

It looks really depressing, and although it looks cool it appears it's gonna be one of those games that are light on story, but heavy on symbolism. The whole time I would be playing that, I would be analysing all the parts of it and working out what meant what, and I'm sorry but that art is extremely depressing. I'd just feel crap playing it.

I'm gonna wait for reviews, but it looks like a pass for me, just cos of the art direction and the music in the video.

And the puzzles look pretty easy, but I don't think there'll be a goal in this game. Just exploration and symbolism.

ahhhhh... World of Goo. :D

• It looks awesome. Very nifty, I love all the details. The art is just amazing.

But shouldn't this topic be in General Discussion?

Edit: Man, does anyone know if that's a blend of 2D and 3D, or just purely 2D?

• yah i suppose it should.....How do i go about moving it there?

• Amanita have been around for a while..their games always have good graphics.
    This one was first previewed in 2007.

The puzzles are good, but their previous games have never been too difficult...just really nice games to play, but they have all been free flash games...not games available for purchase, so maybe this is a whole different kettle of fish.

Try out their previous games: Samorost I and II are the most well known..you will get an idea of their quality :)

• @jhuddy said: Watch this
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/machinarium/video/6217180/machinarium-trailer

Its a new point and click adventure game coming out this year called Machinarium. It looks incredible to say the least! definite buy for me.

What do you think?

Yes, beautiful! I've been looking forward to this title for quite some time.

• I wouldn't want to play this.
    It looks depressing.
    The Atmosphere reminds me of Full Pipe. I don't know why it does. But I really hated Full Pipe. Thank god there was a demo for Full Pipe so I did not accidentely buy it.

• Thank you very much for informing me of this, jhuddy! I will check it out eventually. :)

• I love it. I'm a huge fan of the Silent Hill series and this reminds me of those games. The atmosphere is perfect for my taste. It would've worked if it would've been even darker.

That's my opinion :) Can't wait for the game. When is it going to be released?

• I think this fall sometimes, but thats what I heard at Pax.

Add Comment