User Avatar Image

too easy so far?

posted by athunder on - last edited - Viewed by 232 users

Is it just me or is this mini series much easier so far?
The game is much smaller because it is broken down into 5 parts so there seems so much less to explore. I downloaded part 2 on a Monday, and was finished on wednesday. That was first time i have ever finished a monkey island game without needing to check a walkthrough for hints.

Really hoping the puzzles get more diabolical in the last 3 episodes, and the area's to explore bigger.

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If it takes you 3 days to do one part, that's 15 days to do the series, sounds fair enough to me.

• its not about value tho, i love this game and happy to have paid for it, i just
    feel its too easy(so far). My point is more about it being split into 5 easy parts rather than 1 big huge tough puzzle of a game.

With past games you have so many places to go and explore at once,you could spend days trying to figure out just one puzzle because there are soo many possibility's, but with this one you have just one small area to explore making it much easier to solve. If they included part 1 into part 2, and part 1+2 into part 3 etc the game could be much bigger and more difficult.

maybe they will do that with future parts? i hope so anyway

• I don't know about you, but I didn't exactly enjoy being stuck on some remote island for days without anything progressing, then going through the process of desperately combining every single item in my inventory with every single item I could find in the outside world.

You're right, chapters 1 and 2 haven't been very tough so far, but I liked their difficulty level. I get frustrated easily when I'm stuck for more than say 20, 30 minutes.

• @PyriteParrot said: I don't know about you, but I didn't exactly enjoy being stuck on some remote island for days without anything progressing, then going through the process of desperately combining every single item in my inventory with every single item I could find in the outside world.

You're right, chapters 1 and 2 haven't been very tough so far, but I liked their difficulty level. I get frustrated easily when I'm stuck for more than say 20, 30 minutes.

Right!
    The puzzles are good balanced in MI5 IMHO

• I guess im just a masochist then :p

I liked the insane difficulty of previous games. I played Monkey Island on the amiga originally(and i think i still have it somewhere), so maybe that has increased my pain threshold for playing games :D

• SilverWolfPet just posted his review of Lair on http://www.talesofmi.net and he said that it was a little harder and longer than the previous two episodes! He said he actually spent an entire hour on just one puzzle and also gave the episode 5/5! It seems telltale have fixed all of the problems that people have been saying they've been having or have had : ) I'm really looking forward to playing it to say the least!

• User Avatar Image
    jtc

Too easy in my opinion. While it's a blast to play brand new monkey island games, I'd really appreciate if they took more than 4-6 hours to finish. No hints whatsoever, no walkthroughs, they are just too easy.

And if they could be real point & click, not this keyboard-mouse combination, that would be great as well.

• i only played the demo so far but I enjoyed it. Let's be realistic here Monkey Island are not hard games, they just have a few hard puzzles in them. As long as TMI has a couple of time consuming/ hard puzzles everything will be fine for you but if they don't I still think the cinmematic direction their taking with the series is absolutely brilliant and that they are still evolving the franchise and make up for it.
    LOL 4 to 6 hours to beat a chapter in Monkey Island really sounds about right guys...

Monkey Island one can be beat in the amount of time it takes you to do two chapters of TMI, LR isn't really that hard either. It's Curse with it's golden tooth type puzzles and EMI with it's ignenious puzzles that are the hardest in the entire franchise.

• @jtc said:
    And if they could be real point & click, not this keyboard-mouse combination, that would be great as well.

I'm not that sure about this anymore. I'm actually beginning to appreciate the new mouse-only click and drag control mechanics. It somehow feels more "direct", while still maintaining the good old point&click comfort.

Add Comment