User Avatar Image

Only 2 more episodes of ToMI :(

posted by GrimmGhost on - last edited - Viewed by 151 users

Untill today we could always say "Hey! we'r not even in half of this greate title! ther is so much to come!" Now.. we have less and less of MI waiting for us.. until some day... it wil end :( and WHOT THEN!

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Then MI2:SE will come out. Then, after we've played that one - Telltale or LucasArts will announce they'll continue the saga. But as Telltale has a license for only "one game", I think LucasArts will keep it to theirselves as they've seen how much money Telltale gets for it. Which is sad actually, because Telltale IS LucasArts (from the adventure-era) untill proven otherwise.

• @jannar85 said: I think LucasArts will keep it to theirselves as they've seen how much money Telltale gets for it.

LucasArts gets money too, and they don't have to pay salaries and benefits to the people involved in making the game. Why bother taking it back in-house when they can just farm it out to TTG?

• i think lucasarts will stay with ttg. they are doing a great job in building and marketing the games.

i for one would love to see a second episode by ttg!

• I wouldn't be surprised if they already have optioned the rights to a second season for TTG considering the success. It's even getting a moderate amount of media exposure at reputable places, which is nice for a MI title.

LucasArts has no interest in making MI themselves, they dont have the people to do it successfully like TTG. The difference in EMI and TMI has shown that to them.

• Also, if TTG does do another season (they will), PLEASE don't call it TMI. Call it something else to give it a whole other game's worth feel

• Also, please don't call a new Monkey Island sequenced chapter game by TTG a "season" because they aren't "seasons" with "episodes." It would be a full game separated by chapters. The words "season" and "episode" don't really work here.

• @MusicallyInspired said: Also, please don't call a new Monkey Island sequenced chapter game by TTG a "season" because they aren't "seasons" with "episodes." It would be a full game separated by chapters. The words "season" and "episode" don't really work here.

That's why we've been using "game" and "chapter." :)

• I'm comfortable with the "Season" and "Episode" name structure, and it doesn't seem to make a difference. A season of a TV show can be one long story, or it can have a narrative that doesn't ever leave the current episode. With an episodic release structure and each chapter having its own narrative within the larger story structure, I'm fine using the same terminology as Sam and Max.

And really, I don't care what Telltale says to the contrary(sorry, Jake. :) )

As for the actual topic of this thread, I think that what happens to Monkey Island once Tales is over is subject to a lot of numbers we're not privy to, a lot of contract wording that we're not privy to, and/or the whims of LucasArts. LucasArts can be a fickle beast, not only in the Adventure department, but even in whether or not they internally develop their Star Wars games.

• With the success of Tales of Monkey Island, Lego Star Wars and Indiana Jones, and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, I think it's reasonable to assume LucasArts will soon become a publisher and trademark holder, and nothing more.

Saying that, SoMI:SE was developped internally wasn't it?

• I think TTG have been doing a steller job, it was a big task to take on and I'm glad they stepped up.
    I have my niggles with it, such as it not being P+C, and some parts of it have been too easy. But I am confident that the last 2 chapters will give it a good send off, and be well worth playing again.

Also, I hope that this triggers LucasArts to go for a new 40hour epic Monkey Island after seeing that there is still a huge demand for Monkey Island from it's fanbase and new fans alike. But if not, Tell Tale would have my support on another game, though my heart still longs for a full game in the style of MI2 or CMI.

Add Comment