User Avatar Image

In-jokes and Easter eggs

posted by jp-30 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

So, who's spotted what insofar as in-jokes and Easter Eggs?

The ones I've seen/heard are...

[LIST]
[*]Request for Autograph on Max's bottom made out to Squinky
[*]The Freelance Police cancellation date on the box of files and post-it note on the desk.
[*]Possum Kid (Bone) Roadkill calendar.
[*]Mention of vegetables shaped like Naturalists (Hit the Road)
[*]Max exclaiming "For Meeeee?" just like Stimpy from Ren & Stimpy.
[*]That's the Second Biggest 'Relax' sign... (LucasArts adventures, MI in particular)
[*]Jessie James hand (Hit the Road)
[*]Moleman poster at old cinema (Hit the Road)
[*]Bosco mentioning "Telltale" (though getting cut off) as he lists who he thinks is involved in the conspiracy.
[/LIST]

They're a few off the top of my head. Anyone else...?

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Max hand-puppet in the office - I lol'd. (Seen in the comic book and one of the TV episodes, I think)

• Can ya reference where these things were first seen if they're from another game / TV show / comic etc?

• picture on the wall of sam and max on the moon with paper bags on their heads(from comic bad day on the moon)

• There's a "The Human Enigma" poster near the Max puppet on the bulletin board, which I assume is a Hit the Road reference unless it was also in the comics. (dang, you beat me to it)
    I did like the "Tellta-" joke in Bosco's rant, but I think "LucasA-" might have been funnier.
    Speaking of Bosco, I think the whole premise of his paranoia is a nice continuation of his being constantly robbed, as alluded to in Hit the Road.

Also, you never really get a good look at it in-game, but there's a drawing on the wall of "Flint P," which refers to Sam and Max's neighbor from the comics, also mentioned (but not shown) in HtR.

• @LuigiHann said:
    Also, you never really get a good look at it in-game, but there's a drawing on the wall of "Flint P," which refers to Sam and Max's neighbor from the comics, also mentioned (but not shown) in HtR.

Oh, THAT'S what it says! For some reason I really couldn't read it ingame XD It looked like one word ending in D to me...

• @LuigiHann said: There's a "The Human Enigma" poster near the Max puppet on the bulletin board, which I assume is a Hit the Road reference unless it was also in the comics. (dang, you beat me to it)
    I did like the "Tellta-" joke in Bosco's rant, but I think "LucasA-" might have been funnier.
    Speaking of Bosco, I think the whole premise of his paranoia is a nice continuation of his being constantly robbed, as alluded to in Hit the Road.

If they put "LucasA-" they would have probably been sued :p

• The bigfoot pass under the tv? you can see it clearly when you look at maxs desk. I think this was in hit the road. Also the ant farm, thats not really an easter egg its just still there since last time.

Just started playing through again and March the 3rd 2004 is scrawled on a piece of paper that you can see when jimmy the rat is on the desk...

• User Avatar Image
    Heatherlee Telltale Staff

No one's yet called out my favorite easter egg.

• The lamp on the office desk is great...

Add Comment