User Avatar Image

My Dream Sequel

posted by DeLuca on - last edited - Viewed by 477 users

So I've been thinking about MI6 and the sequel TTG *hopefully* makes.

In my dream version of the game...

1. No Morgan (I want closure with her this game), but an Elaine the Guybrush likes but they are separated, she thinking they just drifted apart.
2. British soldiers.
3. A new nighttime piratey Island to join the ranks of Melee Scabb and Blood.
4. A band of outcasts living in their own makeshift community on a collections of sandbars.
5. The army of the damned in battle.
6. LeChuck having a fleet. And his flaming beard back
7. The shopkeeper.
8. Plunder Island at night.

I hate to admit it but I am nerdy enough and have actually written up an outline, script and cutscene descriptions...

>.>
<.<

want it telltale? I promise its good.

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DeLuca said: So I've been thinking about MI6 and the sequel TTG *hopefully* makes.

In my dream version of the game...

1. No Morgan (I want closure with her this game), but an Elaine the Guybrush likes but they are separated, she thinking they just drifted apart.
    2. British soldiers.
    3. A new nighttime piratey Island to join the ranks of Melee Scabb and Blood.
    4. A band of outcasts living in their own makeshift community on a collections of sandbars.
    5. The army of the damned in battle.
    6. LeChuck having a fleet. And his flaming beard back
    7. The shopkeeper.
    8. Plunder Island at night.

I hate to admit it but I am nerdy enough and have actually written up an outline, script and cutscene descriptions...

>.>
    <.<

want it telltale? I promise its good.

Nostalgia fest perhaps?
    Why is always the Royal Navy? Why not the Duth, Spanish or French?

• I don't want to see another one any time soon. This one is great, but it should be rested for a few years before we see another.

• Does the world of Monkey Island have a navy? I've always sort of thought that every person in the world of Monkey Island is either a pirate now, or was a pirate at one point. Everyone has spent some time under the command of a pirate captain, looting and pillaging, etc (or were themselves the captain). Maybe if a bunch of pirates formed their own navy?

• I'm just hoping Governor Phatt gathers a huge army and tries taking over the Carribean. That would be a fun game.

• @Jake said: Does the world of Monkey Island have a navy?

Murray mentions the Spanish Armada.

• @Frogacuda said: Murray mentions the Spanish Armada.

True. That said, Guybrush buys a bottle of root bear from a Grog vending machine, but that doesn't mean there's a licensed Grog bottling plant off on an island somewhere.

• A Navy seems like a pretty big thing to just kind of come out of nowhere. What do you expect to happen? Have them show up with fleets of ships, try to arrest Guybrush, and have an exchange like:

Navy: "We have a warrant for your arrest, Guybrush Threepwood!"
    GuyT: "Who are you?"
    Navy: "We're the Navy!"
    GuyT: "...Who?"
    Navy: "We've always been around! Honest!"

• Anyone think this "dream Sequel" Sounds a lot like the Pirates of the Caribbean Movies?
    And I'm meaning even over and above the usual comparisons?

/canofworms

• Jake of course there is a licensed grog bottling plant, how else would the Grog XD get created?

I think the world of Monkey Island would be very interesting to clash with a Navy. I mean if there was an Australian land developer and a starbucks there could be a navy. More piratey too

• @ToddD said: I think the world of Monkey Island would be very interesting to clash with a Navy. I mean if there was an Australian land developer and a starbucks there could be a navy. More piratey too

I have no idea of what you speak

/denial.

Add Comment