User Avatar Image

anyone think that tales might introduce the first openly gay charecter in MI

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

I sorta get the vibe from the adult themed jokes and ennuendos (not a hate post I love thoes jokes ^^) that they might introudce an openly gay charecter unless they allready did with DeSinge..or the merfolk

141 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Not to mention the case you could make for Van Winslow!!!

• @LowMoralFiber said: Not to mention the case you could make for Van Winslow!!!

"To the Isle of Ewe!"
    "Ahem.. maybe we should discuss this later, Captain?"

• I doubt Van Winslow is gay. If anything he'd like The Todd on Scrubs, open for anything. And I mean anything!

• @Woodsyblue said: I doubt Van Winslow is gay. If anything he'd like The Todd on Scrubs, open for anything. And I mean anything!

Good point, and he's seen pretty much anything and everything too. I forget now but something I triggered once had him "racall a time with a comely wench, that...". Guybrush quickly put in he didn't want to know the details.

• Okay, why not? I think this whole era of keeping gay people away from any film/TV shows/games that kids might be seeing needs to end. It's really not something that should be hidden away and treated as taboo.

• True, but the character shouldn't be designed as what people called "typical" (pink clothes, feminine gestures and butterfly wings). It's just a wrong impression.

• I heard that Herman Toothrot was gay.

• Indeed there are a lot of gay stereotypes in the realm of monkey island (Anemone "Hello Sailor :3", Perfume dude from EMI, Cabana Boy [sweater around the neck], even the harbor lady from EMI got some whole-lotta-lesbo going on >__> )
    But taking the whole "gay" subject seriously doesn't sell well in games-industry, but including some stereotypes might be experienced as "funny", but the rest just gets way too close and real, which people usually do not prefer if they're not comfortable with the gays to begin with

• Hm, from a commercial point of view, it's probably better not to risk anything, but giving hints and causing rumours and vague personality-images can be funny, if you do it the right way.

I really didn't know what to make of the first episode of the Naruto series. I couldn't understand it from a writer's point of view. You know what I mean?

• Still, it -would- be rather illogical to refrain "the gay" from a pirate game xD they regularly... shivered each others timbers? : o

@SilverwolfPet said: Hm, from a commercial point of view, it's probably better not to risk anything, but giving hints and causing rumours and vague personality-images can be funny, if you do it the right way.

Hmn, if you want to include rumours and vague signs instead of stereotype characteristics it would seem more like some form of mockery towards the subject xD
    that's not gonna help x3
    still, maybe -anything- gay is even illegal in some countries
    (Warnings! Rated Not Hallal)

Add Comment