User Avatar Image

What are some good aventure games or PS3 games to ask for my Birthday?

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 143 users

Does anything out there live up to the fun and engagement of Tales of Monkey Island? :)

Hope about this Afrika game, or something like that. I want to get somehting fun, new, different. I don't want another shooter or something stupid like that. I want adventure games or some sort of "new thing"

Thank you!

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think Afrika only got a Japanese release.

Batman Arkham asylum is pretty amazing.... its a little more action though.

• I don't know how many pure adventure games are on the PS3, but the Uncharted games look great.

• Brutal Legend or Machinarium.

• I dont even own a PS3 and I know the answer. Little Big Planet. It is especially good if you can hook up your PS3 online.

• @Ravey said: Brutal Legend or Machinarium.

Machinarium is a PC flash game and not coming to any console, insofar as I am aware. Brutal Legend is a nice shout though as with a Tim Schafer script and stunning art design - you can not really go wrong.

LittleBIGPlanet is also truly delightful, especially when you dress Sackboy up like LeChuck :p:
    APhoto_17.jpg?t=1255195912APhoto_11.jpg?t=1255195943

• Obviously anyone who knows my posting history here knows I like LittleBIGplanet.

• I'm getting Broken Sword 1-4 for my Bday, sound good?

• Brutal Legend, but wait for reviews.

Uncharted was fun, I only played the first one and rented it. I rented it at 11am in the morning, and had it finished by 10pm that night. It's pretty short, you'd feel munched.

BioShock is heaps of fun.

And broken sword sounds bad. Broken sword is godawful. Broken Sword 3 is the worst adventure game I've ever played. I'm not gonna trust the others.

• @Fury said: Brutal Legend, but wait for reviews.

And broken sword sounds bad. Broken sword is godawful. Broken Sword 3 is the worst adventure game I've ever played. I'm not gonna trust the others.

I wouldn't say you need to wait for reviews for Brutal Legend; everything Tim has worked on has been pure gold, I see no reason why this would be any different.

With Broken sword the first 2 are absolutely fantastic and a must buy for any adventure gamer, the next 2 are not as good, unfortunately they lost a lot of their charm with the switch from 2D to 3D, I still enjoyed both of them, but I love the characters and the Broken Sword games were the first ones which I really understood and enjoyed.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Broken Sword 1-4 is an excellent choice!

@Fury said: And broken sword sounds bad. Broken sword is godawful. Broken Sword 3 is the worst adventure game I've ever played. I'm not gonna trust the others.

If you haven't played the first two in the series, I'd say you're missing out. There are definitely much worse adventure games out there than Broken Sword 3 though.

@Fury said: With Broken sword the first 2 are absolutely fantastic and a must buy for any adventure gamer, the next 2 are not as good, unfortunately they lost a lot of their charm with the switch from 2D to 3D, I still enjoyed both of them, but I love the characters and the Broken Sword games were the first ones which I really understood and enjoyed.

Totally agree - the characters, storylines and voice acting are what make the series so good. And even though 3 and 4 weren't as good as the earlier ones, I'd still buy a 5th one if it ever came out.

Add Comment