User Avatar Image

Sam and Max Season2 DVD Discount Not Applied at Checkout

posted by Gabbo on - last edited - Viewed by 192 users

I have been, for the better part of the the weekend, looking at ordering the Sam and Max Season2 dvd as it is suppose to be discounted to $19.95. Upon check-out however, the cost is still $35 + shipping/taxes.

Does the discount not apply to the dvd set (as the popup window implies it does, with the sticky note on the dvd case) and is meant only for the downloadable pack?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gabbo

12 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yes. I noticed that too; Unfortunately, I didn't notice until AFTER I had already submitted payment. (It was my first purchase here on Telltale, and I didn't know what I was doing). I submitted an email request to get my discount applied; after all, that was the reason I bought it now instead of waiting for the retail copy.

My advice; just buy the digital download, and order the DVD later, as a separate order. After all, it only costs the price of shipping.

Meanwhile, I'll hope and pray I get my $15 back... *deep sigh*

• Hi Gabbo,
    Please send your issue into support@telltalegames.com with your order number and all details. We'll take care of it over here the best we can.

btw- LadyJessica, I think I saw your support mail and took care of it. Did you get that reply yet?

Cheers,
    bonnie

• @bonnie said: Hi Gabbo,
    btw- LadyJessica, I think I saw your support mail and took care of it. Did you get that reply yet?

Cheers,
    bonnie

Actually, no, I didn't get the reply. All I've recieved is an automated notice that my DVD had shipped. (nothing in the junk mail folder either). My credit card account says my payment has a hold on it, but it still shows that I paid $39.61. Should I send another email? I just want my discount.

Thanks for the quick reply.

• Hey LadyJessica- what's your ticket number? I'll check it out right now.

Cheers,
    bonnie

• You mean the issue number? Okay, I'll pm it to you.

Thanks again.

• @bonnie said: Hi Gabbo,
    Please send your issue into support@telltalegames.com with your order number and all details. We'll take care of it over here the best we can.

Cheers,
    bonnie

I didn't place the order yet, as I wanted to hear from someone at Telltale. Now that I know, i'll go ahead and place it.

Thanks Bonnie/Jessica

• I just ordered Sam and Max Season 2 on DVD, and downloaded a couple of episodes already. I also did not see the discount applied at checkout. Also, I just got the package in the mail, and low and behold, I got the Tales of Monkey Island buttons rather than the DVD. Some help into this would be nice.

• wow! we really need to check on those monkeys in the distribution center.

Can you send me a pm or send me a message through support@telltalegames.com with your order information? We'll get this squared away for you shortly.

Sorry about that.

• btw- you are aware the MI dvd is not out yet. It will be available after all 5 chapters are released digitally.

• @bonnie said: wow! we really need to check on those monkeys in the distribution center.

Can you send me a pm or send me a message through support@telltalegames.com with your order information? We'll get this squared away for you shortly.

Sorry about that.

Monkey may have played a part, but I tend to lean towards Max with his mischievous ways. I did send an e-mail just shortly after I made my post to the forums. Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, I do know the MI dvd hasn't been released yet.

Add Comment