137 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I thought that puzzle was really clever.

And it's a shock because of the static of the carpet.

It makes perfect sense.

• It was extremely logical to me. Guybrush yelps in pain pretty much EVERY time he leaves the bar, it's very clear and obvious to me. Much more so than two pieces of broken equipment that weren't currently giving off shocks, anyway. My only slip-up was knowing that the rug was significant(it was moved from outside back inside, Guybrush had comments on it), but thinking it was meant to be the "eye-catching napkin" for the first course.

• I can never get used to those "movement puzzles" both this one as well as the "calendar" puzzle in Ep.1 sent me to the hints board.

• I thought the fact that every time you left Club 41 (after they put the carpet back down) Guybrush gets an electric shock meant the puzzle was a dead giveaway. But that's just me.

• @Rather Dashing said: It was extremely logical to me. Guybrush yelps in pain pretty much EVERY time he leaves the bar, it's very clear and obvious to me.

Yes ofc I noticed that and tried things like entering and leaving multiple times and after various drinks (the hint just mentions drinks, which is totally misleading). But walking back and forth on the same screen when there are no visual clues there or when you examine the carpet makes it completely illogical - since when did walking across a carpet once give you enough static to get an electric shock?

• The worst puzzle is that puzzle in the jungle. That makes this episode the worst! Sorry Telltale!

• I was stumped because I thought some sort of faulty electrical fixture was shocking Guybrush; I failed to notice the rug and didn't think of static electricity.

I mean, it's not like there isn't plenty of anachronistic technology in the game.

• I found the shock to be a bad puzzle too. I just hang around the entrance, going in and out, tried using the sponge on the carpet once and on the exit once... only after going into the hints forum (which still didn't give a logical answer) I just keep using the sponge on the carpet then looking at it before accidently stumbling upon the answer.

My little brother didn't believe me when I told him he just had to walk back and forth across the carpet. He did it, but kept asking "Are you sure this will work?"

Add Comment