User Avatar Image

Elaine's Wedding Ring

posted by chemistx2 on - last edited - Viewed by 213 users

Take it, she said. Trust me. And yet we've never used it... What role do you think the ring will play in Chapter 5? And did you notice that the disembodied hand still had Guybrush's ring?

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • mabye elaine will turn into a statue again in episode 5, or mabye it is just a red herring.

• Especially since Elaine has been holding us in the dark about trusting her for a loong time... and I do wonder what was she thinking? If the use of the ring isn't logically explained, it'll spoil a lot in Tales for me.

• @feverfew said: Especially since Elaine has been holding us in the dark about trusting her for a loong time... and I do wonder what was she thinking? If the use of the ring isn't logically explained, it'll spoil a lot in Tales for me.

Why so?

I would find it amusing that you just had to "look after" the ring without any purpose. And it would be supposed to be funny! What it would actually be!!!

Just imagine: "Ah, and here's your ring, plunder bunny!" THE END

PS: If it had a purpose it would be good as well. Just don't understand what would be so downright bad about the ring having no purpose.

• If it had a purpose it would be good as well. Just don't understand what would be so downright bad about the ring having no purpose.

Nothing as such.
    It's just that the fact that elaine gave it to you was pretty much emphasized, ans felt pretty random, so it's only logical we're expecting a use for it, and a reason for her to give it to you in the first place.

• @Astro Gnocci said: Nothing as such.
    It's just that the fact that elaine gave it to you was pretty much emphasized, ans felt pretty random, so it's only logical we're expecting a use for it, and a reason for her to give it to you in the first place.

A key feature of humour is to baffle the people's expectations.

• in humour, and even in storytelling, yes, it is sometimes, but not always. I really don't think they would have gone out of their way and emphasize it so much in chapter two just for a joke that'd come 3 chapters later. Even as a joke it just wouldn't be funny.
    Now the reason she gave you the ring might end up being silly or funny, but it doesn't mean it won't be relevant as well.

Add Comment