59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The arguments between Guybrush and Morgan made me a little sad. I was hoping that the dialog options would give me a chance to be nice to her, but they didn't.

If they had just killed off DeSinge, I would have thought he's gone for good, but since they killed Morgan and especially since they killed Guybrush, I'm thinking that in episode 5 we might see the Monkey Island version of the Afterlife. We might even get to meet Santino :p

• @LuigiHann said: The arguments between Guybrush and Morgan made me a little sad. I was hoping that the dialog options would give me a chance to be nice to her, but they didn't.

If they had just killed off DeSinge, I would have thought he's gone for good, but since they killed Morgan and especially since they killed Guybrush, I'm thinking that in episode 5 we might see the Monkey Island version of the Afterlife. We might even get to meet Santino :p

I hope that De Singe is finished off for good. I mean, he's an awesome character and villain, but his demise was so satisfying. I doubt it can be topped and I think his role in the story has come to a satisfying conclusion. No need to draw out his character anymore.

• @Rather Dashing said: "Don't worry, the drama doesn't ACTUALLY matter!"

Unfortunately, too true. MI's TV Tropes page literally lists all the tropes used in MI. TOMI hasn't changed that list all that much. Even the 'Character immortality' trope since we just got spoilered about Chapter 5's contents in the Nintendo Power article. Plus well, like GB gets killed off, riiiiight...

Seriously I'd only be concerned if Elaine was the one killed somehow. Cos that is actually in the realm of possibility of being permanent.

• Well, with DeSinge being shred to dust I don't think there's much of an afterlife for him...

• @Rather Dashing said: "Don't worry, the drama doesn't ACTUALLY matter!"

Well you can't really muck about with the status quo unless you know you have another season under your belt I guess.

Hearing Dom Armato delivering genuinely serious lines just made me a bit dumb-founded, even the fantastically sincere "Thanks" he gives Stan in the courtroom for giving him the lowdown before any of the other drama goes down had me thinking "....eh"

I'm not 100% sold on it yet, i'll have to see how it all pans out with Ch 5, plus i've a month to get into the mindset of a somewhat serious episode....which knowing my luck will probably end in a pie-fight or something :p

In short i'm being defensive, but optimistic :)

• Assuming an afterlife scenario, what's the chance of a Grim Fandango reference? How likely is it that Guybrush is gonna run into Manny? :p

Add Comment