User Avatar Image

My theory for chap. 5...

posted by Tallin on - last edited - Viewed by 403 users

Okay, so after finishing chapter 4, I couldn't shake the feeling that we're going to do some sort of "Land of the Dead" thing at the start of Chap. 5. In fact, they could even do a fun Manny cameo if they get the rights from LucasArts. Anyway, I've counted five people who have apparently died so far in Tales. One is Guybrush, another is DeSinge. The other three are Noogie, Nipperkin and Morgan. Now, what if Guybrush has to put together a crew to get out of the "Land of the Dead." I realize this isn't really an original idea (someone may have even posted it here already), but MI is all about doing unoriginal things in creative new ways. What do you guys think? Am I completely out of it? Is it possible? Probable, even?

I suppose we'll have to wait to find out, but it seemed like a good setup to me...

Now what would be really funny is if we woke up on a slab in a mortuary and Mor...I mean, Murray came and greeted us...

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Huh? When did Nipperkin die--did I miss something?

I like your idea--I like the whole general "crew of deadfolk" thing.

• When you visit the remains of Voodoo Lady's shack, D'oro tells you Nipperkin went up in flames... unless it was all a message planted in his mind by Voodoo Lady, we could hear her chanting as he was speaking...

• McGillicutty also died, don't forget him. (Hardtack mentions that Guybrush killed his caption, thus ending the "did McGillicutty die?" debate.)

• Of course MI are doing uncreative things. We've been walking the earth for thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years. The amount of things tens of billions of people will think up over their lives makes most ideas pretty unoriginal these days! :p

I agree with the undead thing. I'm not sure they'd go back to standard-formula-1 quite that badly in re: getting a crew together, but i'm sure there'll be plenty of people who don't particularly like Guybrush.

On a partly separate note: I hated Ozzie Mandrill's character. Someone said maybe he'll be around. I hope there's a separate pirate-underworld to property-tycoon-underworld so we don't see him! :)

• Gah. I see the article.

Gah.

Elaine and Guybrush power couple.

There goes all hopes of a Morgan relationship.

Still, land of the dead sounds awesome.

• @Fury said:
    Elaine and Guybrush power couple.

There goes all hopes of a Morgan relationship.

Hmm, a... Bermuda Triangle? : )

• @GuruGuru214 said: I don't remember Noogie dying. Wasn't he with the rest of DeCava's crew when the manatee swallowed them again?

Bugeye said that Noogie "went to a nice farm upstate" - a strong metaphor to suggest that they killed him.

@GuruGuru214 said: Sorry if I'm getting on anyone's nerves posting those links in half the threads on here (okay, only four so far), but a lot of people seem to be missing the threads I post them in.

Never mind, I'm sure there are LOADS of people who are as curious as hell to find out what is to come in the final episode, and posting these links in as many places as possible is the best way to go about quenching their thirst for info on RotPG.

• @haydenwce27 said: Bugeye said that Noogie "went to a nice farm upstate" - a strong metaphor to suggest that they killed him.

I don't remember that either. I don't remember DeCava's crew being separated at any point. Guess I can add that to my list of things I don't remember to watch for when I play again, along with "A Pirate I Was Meant to Be" in DeCava's hut and Elaine's comment about leaving her for three years.

Never mind, I'm sure there are LOADS of people who are as curious as hell to find out what is to come in the final episode, and posting these links in as many places as possible is the best way to go about quenching their thirst for info on RotPG.

Okay, thanks, I won't give it another thought.

Add Comment