User Avatar Image

I bought but I cant play...

posted by tomp on - last edited - Viewed by 558 users

hey,
while looking in this forum inorder to find the answer to my problem I felt warm inside because I learned that the problem of paying and not getting is happens to to many...
Any way, back to my problem...
After purchasing the game ankh with paypal and downloading it I tried to enter the OrderID and the password but it said its invalid (for the record i did manage to enter http://www.findmyorder.com/ so its probably correct).
After seeing i cant activate i just started playing in Trial.
Now my Trial has expired and I dont have any of the buttons related to activation or "Already purchase", I only have the big "Full version buy buy" button.

Any one counter similar problem ?

btw, I contacted the support team yesterday but I got no reply.
thanks

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • same problem.

i was hoping for instant play - and now no button to enter the order number?

• Hi guys,

This is an error we just found out about, where the activation buttons aren't showing up after a demo expires.

You should still be able to go to www.findmyorder.com and enter your order number and password to activate the game. Tomp, I will send you a password reminder in case you're using the wrong one. Typo, if you go to www.findmyorder.com and enter your order number and the password you created when you placed the order, what happens?

• @Emily said: Hi guys,

This is an error we just found out about, where the activation buttons aren't showing up after a demo expires.

You should still be able to go to www.findmyorder.com and enter your order number and password to activate the game. Tomp, I will send you a password reminder in case you're using the wrong one. Typo, if you go to www.findmyorder.com and enter your order number and the password you created when you placed the order, what happens?

hey emily,

i see my order data and the invoice - no problems.. but even after reinstall i have no activation buttons - good to hear you're working on this

paul

• I have the very same problem: entered the right order no. and password, told it was invalid and now the demo has expired and no chance to activate.

• Hi guys,

I heard from Terry (our other customer service rep) that the fix for this is to uninstall the demo, and then redownload and reinstall it. I'm going to try to send the three of you new download links through email that should automatically activate the game when you download.

Thanks for being patient with us... I know downloading such a big file is a drag.

EDIT: I thought I would be able to send you download links but it appears not. Sorry about that. :( Please uninstall, and then go to www.findmyorder.com and enter your order number and password and you should get a direct link for a new download. The other way is to uninstall and then redownload from our website, which should result in you getting that "I've already purchased this" link back again. If it's still not working (which it sounds like it isn't for you, Typo), please post here and let me know.

Tom, I saw in our support email inbox that you got your game working after uninstalling and reinstalling. Could you tell us exactly what you did? Did you have to redownload, or were you able to uninstall and then reinstall from the same setup file you downloaded originally? This would be useful information for others having this problem. Thanks. :)

• Hi Emily,

Uninstalled, went to www.findmyorder.com and did the necessary, downloaded again and installed, and got the exact same Trial Expired screen. :(

If I go to the website and follow the links, not sure how I redownload without paying again.

• @Badseed said: If I go to the website and follow the links, not sure how I redownload without paying again.

Just download the Ankh demo here. This is the full game with only the demo portion unlocked, so you don't have to pay again.

I will be talking to the tech team about this problem today, so hopefully we'll have a better solution soon.

• Hi Emily,

I have the very same problem with Ankh game. Did the necessary, uninstall the demo then redownload from www.findmyorder.com and reinstall it. Entered the right order no. and password but told it was invalid

• Please click Activation Support and send me your hardware fingerprint in a PM. I'll get you a manual activation key. Also send me your order number so I can look up your order.

• Thanks Emily for your quick response. The game is working fine now.
    Luv Ya! :)

Add Comment