Menu
37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well you know those crazy writers... :rolleyes:

• @Butterscotch-Biros said: Well you know those crazy writers... :rolleyes:

I think somebody, mentioned in the forum darth poppers. Not going to lie I think that would be an awesome Idea, as season 3 three's first villains.

• Well if you remember before they got hit with lava they mentioned that Sam & Max couldn't destroy them. Like if you tried to shoot them...? My feeling is that they're trying to make it *seem* like they're dead and couldn't come back, but they actually survived.

• @morganlaflay said: Well if you remember before they got hit with lava they mentioned that Sam & Max couldn't destroy them. Like if you tried to shoot them...? My feeling is that they're trying to make it *seem* like they're dead and couldn't come back, but they actually survived.

That makes the most sense, though seeing a pair of eyeballs floating down a stream of lava was more than a bit unnerving. :D

• WE CAN REBUILD THEM! Bigger, Stronger, Faster...

Personally I think we've exaused the jokes on these fellas, if they return I hope they play a hidden role so we dont deal with them much...

• Since there's a mix of tagged and untagged spoilers, I'll put a 205 SPOILERS AHOY! warning for my post here, FWIW.

Yup. They're dead. Of course, this hasn't stopped other dead characters from reappearing. Death is kinda cheap in Telltale's Sam & Max, albeit not in a bad way.

On the other hand ...

@morganlaflay said: Well if you remember before they got hit with lava they mentioned that Sam & Max couldn't destroy them. Like if you tried to shoot them...? My feeling is that they're trying to make it *seem* like they're dead and couldn't come back, but they actually survived.

Ah, but that's the joke! They start into a cliched villainous monologue about how they will return for revenge, blah blah blah, how they can't be destroyed --- and then are promptly incinerated by a lava flow. It's not so much foreshadowing as the writers Fate thumbing its nose at them. Beyond that, it plays out in a way that makes a future "Soda Poppers seek revenge!" plot seem unlikely. There's a note of finality to their deaths, like Telltale was answering their "We shall have our revenge!!" with "Ummmmmm no. Not really. But thanks for playing!" I don't see them coming back as villains, at least not for Sam & Max themselves.

Hmm. Come to think of it, the villains don't seem to pose a real threat once killed. I'm not just talking about them being, um, tied to their desk jobs in Hell. It's been awhile since I've played 205, but I don't remember any of them being all that interested in revenge -- "neutralized" by death, perhaps? So that might be another strike against a revenge plot.

Or not. I'd only be a little surprised if I was totally wrong about this. But that's cool. I like it when Telltale surprises me. :)

• @light_rises said: Or not. I'd only be a little surprised if I was totally wrong about this. But that's cool. I like it when Telltale surprises me. :)

You mean you like it when Telltale gives you a good surprise?

Because frankly the Marachis being the villans of 204, really was a horrific surprise. They were wonderful as a small recurring joke through 201-203, but exposed as proper characters was just ghastly, and ruined the insignificant but funny joke of their past appearances.

Sorry to take this off-topic btw. :p

No, you pretty much summed it up, light_rises:
    @light_rises said: Ah, but that's the joke! They start into a cliched villainous monologue about how they will return for revenge, blah blah blah, how they can't be destroyed --- and then are promptly incinerated by a lava flow. It's not so much foreshadowing as the writers Fate thumbing its nose at them. Beyond that, it plays out in a way that makes a future "Soda Poppers seek revenge!" plot seem unlikely. There's a note of finality to their deaths, like Telltale was answering their "We shall have our revenge!!" with "Ummmmmm no. Not really. But thanks for playing!"

But frankly below is not what I would like at all, any return of the Soda Poppers would be awful - we have too many recurring characters as it is, I would seriously like the #@~%"! Poppers to end out with a decent joke - on claiming another cliched lame revenge, than to reappear in traditional sitcom fashion - their time is up. I also don't want the Marachis to return either...
    @light_rises said: I don't see them coming back as villains, at least not for Sam & Max themselves.

• Far I remember, they know they created the most annoying characters ever and that's why they made them the big boss in the Season 2: For kill them in a really epic way =P

I don't think we will see them again, and I'll not surprised if we found Peppers' eyes in Sam and Max Closet.

• @GinnyN said: I don't think we will see them again, and I'll not surprised if we found Peppers' eyes in Sam and Max Closet.

That closet's getting too full, remember in Chariots they didn't show you the souvenir from NOTRD. They delayed that until Beezlebub, in Sam's personal hell, but they didn't bother showing the souvenir from Chariots (because travelling through time and bringing back a souvenir from the future or past would cause a paradox). Anyway even with 9 objects in the closet I think it's getting too full up, perhaps if they put a shelf in the closet for some of the older stuff and keep the bottom of the closet for the newer stuff?

Add Comment