User Avatar Image

Has Telltale Given Up on Sam and Max? [nope]

posted by RoadRunner on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

I've bought every single Telltale game since Sam and Max Season 1. I don't understand Strongbad, Wallace and Gromit are cute, but I won't buy another season of either of them. Monkey Island did reduce the Sam and Max craving a little (I will buy future episodes!), but I MISS SAM AND MAX!!! PLEASE make some announcement that you haven't just given up on them. I remember a poll on this site about what game was the favorite, and Sam and Max won by a large margin.

I'm not saying that you should give up all of your other series (although I wouldn't be upset if you gave up at least one of them); just don't forget what got most of us interested in Telltale Games to begin with!

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

RoadRunner

179 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm pretty sure there will be a S&M Season 3. We just gotta sit tight and wait for the magic to happen.

• @RoadRunner said: I've bought every single Telltale game since Sam and Max Season 1. I don't understand Strongbad, Wallace and Gromit are cute, but I won't buy another season of either of them. Monkey Island did reduce the Sam and Max craving a little (I will buy future episodes!), but I MISS SAM AND MAX!!! PLEASE make some announcement that you haven't just given up on them. I remember a poll on this site about what game was the favorite, and Sam and Max won by a large margin.

I'm not saying that you should give up all of your other series (although I wouldn't be upset if you gave up at least one of them); just don't forget what got most of us interested in Telltale Games to begin with!

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

RoadRunner

they're not going to give up on one of the fanchises that started them out.

• @Icedhope said: they're not going to give up on one of the fanchises that started them out.

That's true! It's not like companies that make adventure games have anything like a history of abandoning adventure franchises, Sam and Max in particular, in order to pursue more profitable games.

Oh, right, that was LucasArts. We're talking about Telltale, and they'd never abandon a franchise in exchange for a more profitable one.

bone_bundle_large.png

All snide comments aside, from what I can piece together from the various Telltale statements was that they were in pre-production of Sam and Max Season Three when the chance to make a Monkey Island game fell into their laps. The offer was too extraordinary and profitable to pass up, so they took it. I'm guessing that if the Telltale of half a year ago was going to continue with Sam and Max, the Telltale of now is fairly likely to make it their next series. Sam and Max fans were just spoiled by the short timeframe between seasons 1 and 2. ;)

• Bone isn't abandoned, it's just in cryogenic sleep. :p

• @Rather Dashing said: All snide comments aside, from what I can piece together from the various Telltale statements was that they were in pre-production of Sam and Max Season Three when the chance to make a Monkey Island game fell into their laps. The offer was too extraordinary and profitable to pass up, so they took it. I'm guessing that if the Telltale of half a year ago was going to continue with Sam and Max, the Telltale of now is fairly likely to make it their next series.

Telltale has enough employees to work on two games, so I suppose Season 3 has been slowly progressing through the background of TOMI development.

It's going to take a while, for Telltale to get all their people back on board for Season 3, because coming back to an unfinished product is hard to do. Ultimately, I hope this doesn't affect season 3...

So don't worry RoadRunner and everyone else, Telltale wouldn't just abandon a project they just started twice, and if they were I'm sure we'd be hearing about it with apologies galore. For now it's still a certain release.

And yes the rest of us are all thinking, dreaming, sketching and needing Season 3, it's not just you. ;)

@Rather Dashing said: Sam and Max fans were just spoiled by the short timeframe between seasons 1 and 2. ;)

Yeah, that timeframe was just perfect, I barely got aggravated as I am with this season 3 wait. :p

• [quote=butterscotch-biros;227230]

yeah, that timeframe was just perfect, i barely got aggravated as i am with this season 3 wait. :p[/quote]

exactly

• Perhaps they've been secretly working on it all along, so they can put all five episodes out the day it is announced!

Wouldn't that be a blast?

(No, I don't think this is going to really happen...)

• There wouldn't be any particular need to publish the season as seperate episodes then >_>

• I keep hoping they will announce that they will be making S&M season 3 and MI season 2 at the same time.

• @Irishmile said: I keep hoping they will announce that they will be making S&M season 3 and MI season 2 at the same time.

That would be a dream come true.

Add Comment