Menu
User Avatar Image

I really hate the norms of where I live

posted by Falanca on - last edited - Viewed by 392 users

shitfuck.

14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ...that music sounds like going into a portal to the 80s, except if no one had even somewhat coherent ideas about song structure.

  • Those examples shouldn't be in any timelines, really. Not only the structure, that Facebook song's lyrics are so stupid and annoying it's some kinda funny. Black comedy, I may say.

  • NORM! Sorry I didn't actually read your post, you lost me at the word "sluts"

    92428__norm_l.jpg

  • It's fine. Norm makes everything great.

  • He does.... so does cheese.

  • @Irishmile said: He does.... so does cheese.

    Esp with pretzels, miserable bastards...cheese really livens them up.

    Dry your mouth out and all that, but with cheese...oooh MOUTH WATERING!

    To the OP, the World is a very large place, even in the corners of every urinal you can find a dime! Keep looking and keep your hands washed and clean of the filth of your environment get your chin up and search out that dime, find the best people to associate with.(dimes a dozen)

    Seriously, stop thinking that you're better than others, that's a start perhaps. Just because people suffer from group-think and de-individualization, it doesn't make them hate-able, maybe they just are trying to fit in and are afraid to express their selves to others who disagree with the current social movements...Maybe their afraid of disagreeing because people like you stay too quiet and don't mention your feelings often enough.

    Which wouldn't be a problem with you if you politely shared your own insights with them. Who knows maybe they'd in turn be honest with you and start a conversation, saying how they disagree with that music too, or maybe they'd respect your opinion and want to hear more of it even if they disagreed.

    Yo, you may be distant to people now, just hate them all but like when you get my age you'll start to feel very alone. Some times you got to look in a urinal to find the shiniest dime!

  • Thanks for the advice, first of all.

    Well, that's a way. I mean, searching ALL the urinals for the dime. Well, I'm not a full-time no-speaking person to begin with, I like to go in heated arguments over such things in social life, and that's actually what I always do; giving my opinion about everything (not to find a dime though, I've never thought it that way as you guessed). Maybe I'm not that lucky but, results are rarely positive. People've become really protective about their way of living, I've taken much insults and more just because I try to think outside of the box and make others do so. That, and the gap between me and the norms increase every day, I've just given up. Not like I think I'm better than everyone else, but I think in where I live, people tries to act like they were living in countries with life conditions, so much that they've lost their own personalities, which gives the people in my country a great disadvantage. I just think it would be really better if I were living in another country; the possibilities of me finding the dime seems to be more likely that way. Even your way of posting here is a proof of it, noone ever tried to come to an agreement with me about that situation before.

  • @Falanca said: Thanks for the advice, first of all.

    Well, that's a way. I mean, searching ALL the urinals for the dime. Well, I'm not a full-time no-speaking person to begin with, I like to go in heated arguments over such things in social life, and that's actually what I always do; giving my opinion about everything (not to find a dime though, I've never thought it that way as you guessed). Maybe I'm not that lucky but, results are rarely positive. People've become really protective about their way of living, I've taken much insults and more just because I try to think outside of the box and make others do so. That, and the gap between me and the norms increase every day, I've just given up. Not like I think I'm better than everyone else, but I think in where I live, people tries to act like they were living in countries with life conditions, so much that they've lost their own personalities, which gives the people in my country a great disadvantage. I just think it would be really better if I were living in another country; the possibilities of me finding the dime seems to be more likely that way. Even your way of posting here is a proof of it, noone ever tried to come to an agreement with me about that situation before.

    You're intelligent, probably a very cerebral and analytical thinker. Conversations aren't meant to tell the other person how smart you are though, it's to take something away from it, it's give and take. I think you're giving far too much without taking enough in.

    Perhaps you are a deep thinker, maybe you do stand out, there has to be someone else, near you, some where that thinks like you. Perhaps those closest to you, your friends, that know you can entertain your arguments, your notions, ideas. Eventually your friends sort of start to think a little more like you or are open to your conversations, ideas because they want to support your ideas and want you to value theirs as well.

    You shouldn't try to change people, it's ok to not follow the norms but you must understand that it's easy and comfortable and perfectly fine and healthy for others to follow their culture's norms. Some may even say it's a idea of success and ensures the potential to relate to others and start a conversation, then progress into their own ideas.

    It's ok to have your own ideas but you shouldn't always try to change other people's ideas, that's not the point of a good conversation. Exploring ideas is fine, sharing your different ideas may make you come across as a deep thinker, which is fine but when you start to push your ideas onto others and try to take away their own ideas you loose the entire context of the conversation and it falls flat and one sided like a paper cut out.

    No one is a paper cut out, no matter how unique and different you are and we all need others around us to give his dimension and make us think, without others around us you'd probably have no thoughts about them or yourself.
    People are needed some times to further your own ideas.

    Even if you're different and more bold than those around you, you shouldn't avoid others, that denies your own individuality, and almost shows a fear to be yourself around others. Giving up is not the answer, it won't send a message. You need to relate to the conversationalist and find a common ground, and you can't be too deep, intellectual and loose their attention.

    There's plenty of ways to live your life that aren't restricted, to be yourself, on line, in art work, writing a book, whatever...disagreeing and arguing are not the same thing though. If you want to express the value of your own beliefs, disagreements then you must do it with patience, dignity and self respect, no one wants to be dogged down by you and argued with for standing up for their personal beliefs that they feel best define their self.

    Everyone wants to be treated with respect and that's more or less full circle with anyone, the door swings both ways. You can't change your country, but I'm sure that there's some one else who thinks like you.

    Do you know that it's quite common for teens in ALL countries to group think and act immaturely, and de-individualize? It happens everywhere, it happens in my country too. You might just be a little a head of the game.

  • @doodo! said: You're intelligent, probably a very cerebral and analytical thinker. Conversations aren't meant to tell the other person how smart you are though, it's to take something away from it, it's give and take. I think you're giving far too much without taking enough in.

    Perhaps you are a deep thinker, maybe you do stand out, there has to be someone else, near you, some where that thinks like you. Perhaps those closest to you, your friends, that know you can entertain your arguments, your notions, ideas. Eventually your friends sort of start to think a little more like you or are open to your conversations, ideas because they want to support your ideas and want you to value theirs as well.

    You shouldn't try to change people, it's ok to not follow the norms but you must understand that it's easy and comfortable and perfectly fine and healthy for others to follow their culture's norms. Some may even say it's a idea of success and ensures the potential to relate to others and start a conversation, then progress into their own ideas.

    It's ok to have your own ideas but you shouldn't always try to change other people's ideas, that's not the point of a good conversation. Exploring ideas is fine, sharing your different ideas may make you come across as a deep thinker, which is fine but when you start to push your ideas onto others and try to take away their own ideas you loose the entire context of the conversation and it falls flat and one sided like a paper cut out.

    No one is a paper cut out, no matter how unique and different you are and we all need others around us to give his dimension and make us think, without others around us you'd probably have no thoughts about them or yourself.
    People are needed some times to further your own ideas.

    Even if you're different and more bold than those around you, you shouldn't avoid others, that denies your own individuality, and almost shows a fear to be yourself around others. Giving up is not the answer, it won't send a message. You need to relate to the conversationalist and find a common ground, and you can't be too deep, intellectual and loose their attention.

    There's plenty of ways to live your life that aren't restricted, to be yourself, on line, in art work, writing a book, whatever...disagreeing and arguing are not the same thing though. If you want to express the value of your own beliefs, disagreements then you must do it with patience, dignity and self respect, no one wants to be dogged down by you and argued with for standing up for their personal beliefs that they feel best define their self.

    Everyone wants to be treated with respect and that's more or less full circle with anyone, the door swings both ways. You can't change your country, but I'm sure that there's some one else who thinks like you.

    Do you know that it's quite common for teens in ALL countries to group think and act immaturely, and de-individualize? It happens everywhere, it happens in my country too. You might just be a little a head of the game.

    We have really similar thoughts on this subject.

    I've been in search for a similar thinker for some time. Sometimes, some people stand out eventually, but later I find out that their special subjects and the thing they know about is irrevelant to my own subject, so it won't produce much of an information that may be useful, or interesting to me. For example politics ain't something I'd like to talk about deeply, nor it's something interests me greatly, yet most people who have good reasoning abilities are interested in politics (life standarts here made them be so); something I'm not happy about. I don't close the doors just because I want, but let's say that it's a bit of personal taste. Yet, I have much ideas about the terms "politics" and "philosophy", this may be a quite good conversation subject. Well... thanks!

    As you guessed again, I'm interested in things in entertainmental purposes and visual art (that I'm trying to improve for 1 or 2 years, but because of my college it's been going really slow, yet visual art isn't supposed to be one of my hobbies "they say", since I'm a maths student and I'm studying computer science and engineering). I admit I'm being a little too protective about this side of mine in public, trying not to touch upon it during conversations, because it's not something admirable in where I live, which is really ironic if you ask me. Still, I'm planning to make use of one or two ideas of mine in such ways, so I'm constantly trying to improve myself no matter what.

    It's not like I always tried to change people around me. It's something that may happen or not after I hint people how my way of thinking is. But even because of that, well, I'm labeled as a "different" person, and this is supposed to be a bad thing according to them.

    Exactly, noone is a paper cut out. Difference comes from opposition, and an idea and its opposite is always bonded to each other. I wouldn't be thinking "differently" if it hadn't been "normal", I mean. There is always a relation.

    You wouldn't be much useful if you can't mention about your thoughts, that's your logic and I understand that. Being-usefulness comes as the satisfaction of the social needs in turn, yet at the moment I don't really feel I'm hungry for publicity, maybe because I'm still young. However, I'll always be trying to put my mark on some creations of mine, to spread my way of thinking, and if that satisfaction comes by default, I'll welcome it happily. This way, I won't be limited to where I live or where I study, it'll all be about how much further my creation can go. After accomplishing such a thing, dimes can walk their own way to me, it's my plan. Well, it was the plan of every artist/game designer back then, before the whole thing industrialized. Maybe that's why I like adventure games and all.

  • @Falanca said: We have really similar thoughts on this subject.

    I've been in search for a similar thinker for some time. Sometimes, some people stand out eventually, but later I find out that their special subjects and the thing they know about is irrevelant to my own subject, so it won't produce much of an information that may be useful, or interesting to me. For example politics ain't something I'd like to talk about deeply, nor it's something interests me greatly, yet most people who have good reasoning abilities are interested in politics (life standarts here made them be so); something I'm not happy about. I don't close the doors just because I want, but let's say that it's a bit of personal taste. Yet, I have much ideas about the terms "politics" and "philosophy", this may be a quite good conversation subject. Well... thanks!

    As you guessed again, I'm interested in things in entertainmental purposes and visual art (that I'm trying to improve for 1 or 2 years, but because of my college it's been going really slow, yet visual art isn't supposed to be one of my hobbies "they say", since I'm a maths student and I'm studying computer science and engineering). I admit I'm being a little too protective about this side of mine in public, trying not to touch upon it during conversations, because it's not something admirable in where I live, which is really ironic if you ask me. Still, I'm planning to make use of one or two ideas of mine in such ways, so I'm constantly trying to improve myself no matter what.

    It's not like I always tried to change people around me. It's something that may happen or not after I hint people how my way of thinking is. But even because of that, well, I'm labeled as a "different" person, and this is supposed to be a bad thing according to them.

    Exactly, noone is a paper cut out. Difference comes from opposition, and an idea and its opposite is always bonded to each other. I wouldn't be thinking "differently" if it hadn't been "normal", I mean. There is always a relation.

    You wouldn't be much useful if you can't mention about your thoughts, that's your logic and I understand that. Being-usefulness comes as the satisfaction of the social needs in turn, yet at the moment I don't really feel I'm hungry for publicity, maybe because I'm still young. However, I'll always be trying to put my mark on some creations of mine, to spread my way of thinking, and if that satisfaction comes by default, I'll welcome it happily. This way, I won't be limited to where I live or where I study, it'll all be about how much further my creation can go. After accomplishing such a thing, dimes can walk their own way to me, it's my plan. Well, it was the plan of every artist/game designer back then, before the whole thing industrialized. Maybe that's why I like adventure games and all.

    Touche. I agree we do have similar thoughts.

    I sent you a friend's invitation.

    I'm a graphics arts, design student too.Though I'm told that I have a mathematical mind, I lack the discipline to do math. I'm studying primarily the visual aspects of graphic design, basic math included.

    I still believe that their are more personal issues you can bring into the conversation to discover things about yourself ,and discover new topics for conversation in others. It's natural to talk about your job, politics, but you don't have to.

    Someone as clever as you can find other topics that are still personal, and original, innovative, and yet deviate from sensitive and offensive issues. I know that's a scape coat, but also in retrospect and by reality it's learning to develop your social skills to talk to others, even if their difficult.

    For bad and non furbished example, you could talk about the weather or your girlfriend...it's not deep and intellectual stuff but it's what most cultures talk about and in most cultures it's known that politics can lead to arguments.

    "Exactly, noone is a paper cut out. Difference comes from opposition, and an idea and its opposite is always bonded to each other. I wouldn't be thinking "differently" if it hadn't been "normal", I mean. There is always a relation."

    Same idea used differenly, ha! We do think alike.


    Seems that you are repressed and just want respect. That's really complicated when you face the dynamic of cultural differences and put an unbalanced spin on your cultural norms.

    How often do you just turn off? Just hang out with your friends and have a great time? Maybe the conversation needs to become more immediate, and personal in that way and less premeditated and intellectual, just live for the moment and the words will come and be accepted naturally.

    You don't have to live your life with an always personal bias and be prepared to take everyone on. How often do you go bowling ,and much as is said to one another is "YEAH!!!!"?

    Maybe you need more of that, to get a greater sense of how to connect with other people. In every culture, just having a good time with other people and closing off from all your deeply rooted personal beliefs can really make you fit in with others and understand them a little better.

Add Comment