User Avatar Image

Maniac Mansion 3D remake almost done!

posted by octochan on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

Did anybody else here know about this? I's a fan remake from a German developer, and they're scheduled to release it in German and English early next year.

Maniac Mansion 3D

130 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh, I think I see what you're saying. I don't actually know what the law says, but I do know that what's considered acceptable legally and what's considered acceptable morally are not always the same. This could be a prime example.

• Looks interesting Ernie76, but personally I would have liked more to see just the original backgrounds turned 3D, without the add of new elements like you guys did. Were they too shabby for you? Don't misunderstand me, they still look good.
    And do you guys think there could be other language translations beside English? But maybe I'm thinking too far ahead here.

• Edna model and Dr.Fred Model were added.
    Many bugfixing done and some improvments were made.
    some new screen:

helldunkel.jpg

diehalle.jpg

65680406.jpg

derpool.jpg

funkraum.jpg

@Voodoo Lord: as long as there are People who translate it, there will be other language versions

• Got it. I would help, but unfortunately I have no idea of how that software you are using works.
    And I gotta say that, despite my previous comment, the moose head it's a nice addition for me.

• @Voodoo Lord said: Got it. I would help, but unfortunately I have no idea of how that software you are using works.
    And I gotta say that, despite my previous comment, the moose head it's a nice addition for me.

There are many Ways u could Help us. Do u have any Talents that can be usfull in gamemaking ?
    Or do u have webspace u could offer to Deliver the soon comming gamedemo and later the final game to the rest of the Community?

This is for all of you: If u got Talents and wanna help, just contakt me.

• I'm probably going to go into a mass state of fear if I ever see Edna chasing me down the kitchen (with or without a meat cleaver) in 3D!

• Good news !!!
    and one Bad

The Good one is, that the Demo of MM3d will be coming soon.
    That means, early next month.
    The bad one is, that we had not the time to make the english Translation in time.
    Maybe we find someone from outside who translates the german textfiles into English.

Hope you will find it a good demo, but remember: It is still BETA Version.

• I could have a go at translating it - I only know, like, two words of German, but I know the script of the original game like the back of my hand, and I can use Babelfish to help me (then obviously fix the errors! :P)

• @Teeth said: I could have a go at translating it - I only know, like, two words of German, but I know the script of the original game like the back of my hand, and I can use Babelfish to help me (then obviously fix the errors! :P)

oh oh, i think i wont know the two words of German you know :D

To Type in just the original lines, would not help, becouse there were some changes made, and we have a lot more text then the original.
    But thanks.

• I should think there are plenty of German adventure gamers around to help out. If not here, check other adventure game forums. I'd offer my services if my knowledge of German was more extensive (we had it in high school but because I've never done anything with it since - same with French - I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help).

Add Comment