User Avatar Image

The healing power of Monkey Island? (another thank you thread)

posted by ObiWanThreepwood on - last edited - Viewed by 224 users

I know there have been a hundred of these "thank you telltale" threads, but I just wanted to put my own out there on the eve of the final chapter, just to show what the games have meant to me these past six months.

Over the past year, and up until about two months ago, I've been very sick. To the point where I couldn't go to school or work, or could barely move around my house. I won't get into the gory details, but needless to say I was in a great deal of pain. In June, as my condition was getting worse, a new Monkey Island game was announced (in case anyone on this thread didn't know that:p). Now... I'm not saying that Monkey Island cured my illness, but these games have made me laugh and smile and given me a well needed distraction during one of the hardest times of my life.

My illness turned out to be a heck of a lot simpler than any of the doctors thought it was, and right around the time "The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood" came out, I started on the road to recovery. And now, on the eve of the final episode, I'm back and work and attempting to get my life back on track after a lenghthy absence from anything of substance.

So like many other threads before me, I would like to thank Telltale games from the bottom of my heart for bringing back a francise that means more to a lot of us fanboys than it probably should, and for making me smile when no one else could. :D

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
Add Comment