User Avatar Image

Thank You -- From Dominic

posted by Dmnkly on - last edited - Viewed by 836 users

Hey, everybody!

I hate to clog up the 'tubes with another thank you thread, but with chapter five imminent and Monkey Island once again about to sail off into the sunset until who-knows-when (me included!), I just wanted to take a moment to thank everybody who loves the series and has made its resurrection so exciting.

It probably goes without saying, but even if I hadn't been a huge fan of Monkey Island before getting to work on it, I can't imagine it not being the highlight of my time in voiceover. There's nothing else I've worked on where people love it so much, where they're so involved in its process, and where the stakes are so high... and the pressure so great :-)

But all of you have been incredibly kind and supportive, and while I imagined there would be a lot of excitement when Monkey Island's return was announced, reality has most definitely eclipsed my wildest expectations. The excitement, the support, the throngs at PAX, the e-mails, the drawings, the movies... criminy, the birthday wishes!...well, it's a thing to behold :-)

So I'm going to cut this short before I really start to ramble, but suffice it to say that while I appreciate the things you've had to say, I'm the one who should be thanking you, because I've been incredibly lucky to be able to work on Guybrush all these years, and it wouldn't mean anything without your support.

You guys absolutely rock, and I (really, really, really) hope we get to do this again soon!

-Dom

140 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
Add Comment