59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The last question you gave gary: Doubt it.

• The ending set up a new season, which I suppose is good, but the ending does not wrap anything up. The last episode did not even explain what LeChuck was accusing the Voodoo lady of doing to him and Guybrush, aside from the vague accusation in the Fourth episode that she was 'controlling' their fates all along

Maybe I just don't understand the plot because I'm an idiot, but that was one of the most inconclusive endings I have seen.

• @One-Eyed Kijin said: The ending set up a new season, which I suppose is good, but the ending does not wrap anything up. The last episode did not even explain what LeChuck was accusing the Voodoo lady of doing to him and Guybrush, aside from the vague accusation in the Fourth episode that she was 'controlling' their fates all along

Maybe I just don't understand the plot because I'm an idiot, but that was one of the most inconclusive endings I have seen.

I agree. It ended 'happily', in that Guybrush, Elaine, Morgan, Winslow etc are all happy, but it did leave that diary plot thread open. Maybe delibrately? With an ending so open, they are clearly hoping for a season 2 themselves.

• The ending really miffed me. Where was all the fanfare? I just completed an entire series of games with no help...

I reckon we'll be seeing more, this story aint finished.

• I think the monkeys were underdone. There was a lot of intrigue about them for the whole season, and then they all just... sat there.

• I posted this somewhere else on the board, but I guess this is probably the spot now that the season is over.

In terms of content, it seems like the Voodoo lady will not let the fates of Guybrush and LeChuck be untangled. If I remember, Elaine even makes some comment about how they're free from her planning. The bonus scene seems to counter this, and LeChuck will certainly be back. Guybrush will once again defeat. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Regarding Morgan, I feel like she will play a secondary role at most if these "Tales" continue. She has sort of run her route. Her and Guybrush are friendly now, so the hunter/pirate dynamic is gone. Unlike LeChuck, she is not evil, and would make a poor villain anyway. Plus it seems unlikely that Elaine would like it very much.

In terms of production, I think Telltale did a very nice job here. Even though these runs seem much more linear than the older games, they have certainly added their own spin and should continue to do so. In my opinion, TTG should work out some type of second party licensing deal with Lucasarts where the parent company (LA) invests even more money. I do notknow how their business plan works, but obviously with an investment from LA, TTG could certainly devote more hours and development to maybe a multiple hour, epic game. A full game actually- not episodes.

Episodes are alright, but the huge nature of MI2 certainly had a different feel than these TTG games. I think most gamers here would agree.

Add Comment