User Avatar Image

Steam Release

posted by LilPanik on - last edited - Viewed by 345 users

Although most of you have already had the chance to download the game, those of us who have it on Steam are still waiting. Who is still waiting?

I am, I am still extremely anxious and hope they put it up soon, just as anxious as I was for the release yesterday and trying desperately not to click on the spoiler threads.

Who is with me?

Lets just hope its not until very late like it was yesterday for everyone who already got it.

My thanks and gratitude to Telltale for making such a great game and reviving a game that most of us had either given up hope for or waited several long years for. So, thanks for bringing it back, and most of all for making it good.

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The game was "late" yesterday because they were doing tweaking and refining right down to the wire. Now that the game is basically "ready to ship", it's really just up to Steam to take care of it now. I'm sure you'll see it really soon.

• Yeah i'm still waiting for it. Never again am I buying something like this on Steam. I'll get it straight from TT next time.

I'm hoping we get it soon though, as seeing the topic titles on here (as I dont open certian ones) saying how good it is, makes me want it more.

• I can't really say I mind. No real hurry to end the season. It's not like there's a competition on to see who can finish the game first and post spoilers on the forums.

Oh, erm, hmmm.

People apparently will make even the most non-competitive games competitive I suppose.

• I totally blame TTG. If they weren't going to release it on time (which is bad enough for itself), they should have delayed it for one more day so everyone would get it pratically at the same time. Steam users paid the same as everyone else for the game. This is just ridiculous.

• nah, i just bought the game from TTG as an individual , its worth it, consider it as a support for the telltale game, they have been working their arses off to release it you know :D

• User Avatar Image
    Tim

@rootbeer said: I totally blame TTG. If they weren't going to release it on time (which is bad enough for itself), they should have delayed it for one more day so everyone would get it pratically at the same time. Steam users paid the same as everyone else for the game. This is just ridiculous.

I am going to post this picture one final time:

guybrat.png

Waiting an additional 6-12 hours is not going to make the game any less brilliant. The patience & anxiety of 'zomg when is it coming!' is part of the hype for episodic games. Having another deployment channel such as Steam should not force TTG to start adapting to it. Afaik their goal was to ship the product when it's done & polished, and they did their best to do just that.

My two cents.

• @rootbeer said: I totally blame TTG. If they weren't going to release it on time (which is bad enough for itself), they should have delayed it for one more day so everyone would get it pratically at the same time. Steam users paid the same as everyone else for the game. This is just ridiculous.

Yeah cus Valve have such a good record at releasing stuff on time. It's likely whatever time TTG released it you would have to wait before it was released on Steam.

• @Tim said: I am going to post this picture one final time:

guybrat.png

Waiting an additional 6-12 hours is not going to make the game any less brilliant. The patience & anxiety of 'zomg when is it coming!' is part of the hype for episodic games. Having another deployment channel such as Steam should not force TTG to start adapting to it. Afaik their goal was to ship the product when it's done & polished, and they did their best to do just that.

My two cents.

I agree

• @rootbeer said: I totally blame TTG. If they weren't going to release it on time (which is bad enough for itself), they should have delayed it for one more day so everyone would get it pratically at the same time.

So if you're getting the game late, everybody should?

• @LilPanik said: I agree

Me too. Its not TTs fault.

Add Comment