Menu
User Avatar Image

Excellent game? Yes or no

posted by Hee Ho Ho on - last edited - Viewed by 253 users

When tales of monkey island came out, I thought it wasn't going to be that good. It appeared like you had to do this to do that, but lucasarts managed to hide it when they were making the series. But as the game progressed you meet new charcters and the game gets better and better. My favourite character is the pirate hunter and i was really glad she was in the last episode (although i have just started it and i do hope it's a happy ending for cheaphood and LeFlay). Telltale have done a great job. They have definately beaten expectations and maybe i would go as far as to say better than lucasarts! I mean lucasarts was funny but telltale is just great. It's in a league of it's own. Now i don't mind if lucasarts or telltale make monkey island but telltale have definately given us legendary characters and i would like them to make a second season. put sam and max on hold again :-P

who's your favourite character?

thanks

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • De Singe, then Morgan. Guybrush doesn't need to be said cause that's automatic.

• i don't really like the new guybrush if i'm honest. i'm used to him but not fond. de singe, i could barely stand at the start, now i just laugh at his accent.:D

• Honestly I'm a bit dissapointed at the re-use of mechanics and scenery(and character models, I swear D'oro's "skin" was being used for a char in the last tale)throughout the game, puzzles included. Although I loved being able to play Monkey Island again, as the episodes went on I found myself more and more dissapointed as they came out.(Minus the voice acting and cut scenes which were great!).

As someone who's been playing adventure games for awhile, it just felt way to easy, and as the episodes went on it felt like less and less effort was being put into them.(I'm sure that's not the case, but being able to get through each one in a few hours and seeing the puzzles repeat etc, just sorta made it feel that way.)

as a note I think this would have much better been released as a full game versus episodes, as it felt like I was playing a a chapter then waiting a month on the load screen for the next.(basically what it was I guess lol )

Edit: being half asleep the title confused me a bitOo, as far as favorite characters Guybrush is a given(as long as he keeps the same voice actor=p ) I did like Morgan as well as far as "new" characters.

• i agree episodes are too short, but as a complete game, it's big! also i think telltale games are rather the same game but with different themes, which to be honest i don't mind, considering they're the only company to make adventure games.

• I literally hate Elaine now, and it's a hard thing for someone who played the first Monkey Island I say.

Though, loved the dress.

• @Hee Ho Ho said: Telltale have done a great job. They have definately beaten expectations and maybe i would go as far as to say better than lucasarts! I mean lucasarts was funny but telltale is just great. It's in a league of it's own.
    thanks

:) But the guys making this made Monkey 1-4. Well, a good chunk of them, anyways.

I literally hate Elaine now, and it's a hard thing for someone who played the first Monkey Island I say.

What? Why? She completely redeems herself, and kicks a fair amount of ass, in chapters 4 + 5.

• true, but they are on a budget so it's harder for them, i mean if they were as big as ea, then they could create new game engines every month.

maybe they should do what rockstar do. wait a couple of years then release such an immense game that you would play it non stop until the next game is release couple of years later. although i don't see how that would be possible for adventure games lol

• @Falanca said: I literally hate Elaine now, and it's a hard thing for someone who played the first Monkey Island I say.

Though, loved the dress.

I never really liked her much in the first two games. Gah, I hated that dress! Sooooooooo goth and creepy. And yet, I liked it.

• @Kroms said: What? Why? She completely redeems herself, and kicks a fair amount of ass, in chapters 4 + 5.

"I have a master plan. You have to die and in case of a ghost of you emerges, I have to blast it off either."

• i think she's always been an average character. in this series, morgan has been through all the action so i think they made her more important. elaine was crazy, that's not like her

Add Comment